PDA

View Full Version : El Nino No Mas ?

DockRat
06-30-2014, 08:47 PM
I thought this thing was in full swing but after reading this it may not happen ?
DR

California drought blankets entire state; El Niño forecast dims.

Not too long ago in this season of California’s massive and extended drought, climate experts saw a small glimmer of hope on the horizon: Predictions for a wet El Niño season coming in the winter that would bring badly needed rain and relief to a parched state.

Now that glimmer is fading fast, and the drought has gotten even worse.

“The El Niño had a very promising, dramatic surge in January, February and March, but now as we enter summer, all of a sudden it is disappearing,” said climatologist Bill Patzert, looking up from a dozen satellite images on his computer screen at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory near Pasadena. “The great wet hope is going to be the great wet disappointment.”

Read the whole article here.
http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-news/20140627/california-drought-blankets-entire-state-el-nixf1o-forecast-dims

old pudd fisher
06-30-2014, 08:51 PM
Just normal rain fall would be nice.

MikesOcean
06-30-2014, 09:08 PM
I hope this is not true. We need some serious rain.

Coleyounger
07-12-2014, 09:19 AM
I wouldn't rely to much on forecasting the weather that far into the future. These el nino patterns are seen allot and then peter out or intensify..It is really unpredictable..The moisture is out there, it needs the jet stream to steer it where it is needed...But even a strong el nino event may not solve the water shortage problem as there are other factors involved.