PDA

View Full Version : Fish Report for 6/28/14

hotramen
06-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Started fishing on the lake at around 530 pm on a pontoon with three others. Started off on various spots in the flats. Lots of weed patches in the shallow portions. Frustrating to navigate through. Once the sun went down we had two hits and landed one. Noticed we were the only boat out there by the time it was 830. Moved closer to the boat dock and midlake and managed to land 3 more by closing time.

Overall it would have been nice to catch more. All the fish were on pike mackerel soaked in garlic attractant. I plan on staying in the flats more next time.

dattack
06-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Better luck and skill vs me. I have been 0 for 3 at irvine lake. Shorefishing is horrible. I vow not to ever come back again unless I have a few friends to rent a boat.

troutdog
07-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Nice going out there beating the skunk....not too many people report any more in this section, thanks for taking a moment to share your fishing adventure.

Better luck and skill vs me. I have been 0 for 3 at irvine lake. Shorefishing is horrible. I vow not to ever come back again unless I have a few friends to rent a boat.

West Shore has been good for shore fisherman, just a heads up of you decide to give it another go from the sand.

TD

hotramen
07-01-2014, 04:58 PM
I never shore fish. I have been skunked far too many times fishing from shore. If you do plan on shore fishing I would recommend casting out as far as you can. The farther the better. It is far too weedy close to shore and you want to cast past it.