PDA

View Full Version : Team RoostToon at Irvine Lake Cat Report

Rooster
06-29-2014, 09:21 PM
So being how half of Team Trolltoon had other commitments & my partner in crime 5150 also was busy it was time that Rooster and Pontoon hook up and search for some holdovers.

Met up at the lake around 4pm grabbed some really good Asada burritos and headed out.

Said our hellos to the best staff around and got some great news. Our main man Jimmy is now a father.

Congrats my brotha! :Dancing Banana:

Game plan was to try a few new areas in search of structure holding some kittys.

We metered around and saw some nice marks on the finder and settled down in 20 feet of water along the west shore.

Really nice day out with light breeze from 5-7 mph.

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/roostertailroid/IMG_20140628_144846467_HDR_zps7763d951.jpg

Got the lines out and noticed the the lake has dropped a few feet and the west shore is now open to anglers.

Nice to see cars being able to drive down and have a lot more room to fish from.

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/roostertailroid/IMG_20140628_144850698_zps608bffe7.jpg

Did not have much action until the light went out. Once it did I got my first experience of the sound of a baitrunner taking off in the dark.

Wow you talk about exciting ! Hearing that line getting freight trained was something I wont soon forget. Ended up being a nice holdover that weighed in at 8.2lbs . Wow I look drunk as a skunk... To much diet coke I guess :Big Grin:
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/roostertailroid/IMG_1776_zpsafc4a75c.jpg

My buddy Pontoon was next on as his reel gets lit up. After a great fight she hit the net and scale at just under 7bs.
I wish the pic I took was better because the cat was a beauty with really nice colors.
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/roostertailroid/IMG_20140628_215809799_zpsba2184b8.jpg

We got a few more really nice runs and pontoon ended the night with another beauty pulled in just before the buzzer.

By the end I am sure Pontoon was tired with all my questions and all the laughs we had but without a doubt I leanred a lot and had a blast out there with one of the good guys.

Thanks Pontoon for the great night on the water buddy. Trolly & 5150 me missed you guys!

Hope 2 cya all at the Tourney This Saturday... Gonna be a blast out there!

PONTOON
06-29-2014, 09:31 PM
I've got to start with a great big congratulations to Jimmy Getty. I'm very happy for you Buddy! I'll give you some advice and I hope you don't mind.......Cherish every moment you have with your baby. I know from experience that the time will go by so fast. It seems like one day your changing diapers and then there's school, then graduations and before you know it they're all grown up. It's a great ride Jimmy.........enjoy it! :Cool:

Rob,
I just want to say that when I got the text from you inviting me out for a night of chasing whiskerfish at the Vine there was no way in the world I was going to miss out on that! I appreciate the invitation very much My Friend, Thank You! :Cool:
I've had the opportunity to fish with you a couple of times now and I've also had the opportunity to meet and talk with 5150. I've got a great deal of respect for the both of you, you guys make a great team and as it's been said before you guys get it on and off the water.

I think the best part of the entire night was when we were discussing whether or not we should make a move or give that spot just a few more minutes. The anticipation of hearing the clicker scream was almost unbearable! Then it happened, it’s what you wait all night for, my clicker sounded off……The sweetest sound ever! Then just a short while later your reel sounded off and didn’t stop until you set the hook!
Then, when you told me that this was your first night session catfish my night was made right then and there! :Envious:

Thanks again for the invitation Rob, This is definitely another one of those nights on the water spent with a good friend that I will not soon forget. I’ll see you this weekend. :Thumbs Up:

5150fishn
06-29-2014, 09:55 PM
Nicely done boys! Looks like Trolly and I missed out on a great time. I was stoked to hear you guys got a couple of nice kitties. Congrats my brotha's on what was surely a fun filled night with two great anglers!:Worship:

troutdog
06-29-2014, 10:17 PM
Way to slay guys, see you this Saturday!

TD

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Nice job...I will Be there fri and sat..hopefully i Can meet some new people to fish with..bring my boat out after 2 years in storage...

TroutOnly
06-30-2014, 07:13 AM
NICE CATS ROB AND TERRY...................THEM HOLDOVER FISH SURE BEAT THEM FRESH STOCKERS...................t/o...............

Hitts0n
07-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Great job my brotha's ! Glad to be part of the same Team ! You 2 are classic ! Great job out there and thanks for sharing and posting pics !!! See you guys this weekend !! KItty KItty !

reelgurlzfish
07-01-2014, 03:47 PM
great catches! see y'all Saturday for the tourney ;-)

Wingnut
07-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Terry and Rob, congrats on the fine catches. :Big Grin:
Hope you guys did well this weekend. :Cool: