PDA

View Full Version : Double Fishing Report (SFD Moonlight Fishing and Legg Lake after derby report)

georatm2011
06-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Had a great time at SFD just camping out overnight but the fishing was a big fat skunk. Hardly anyone was catching catfish and the bite was dead. Went over to Legg Lake to check out the after derby action, we got skunked there as well, the successful anglers were casting out quite far with their huge ocean rods and catching all day, they caught way over their limit but no one was checking (ASIANS). Our smaller rods didn't stand a chance but anyhow was a great day oUT.

ela
06-28-2014, 09:38 PM
Not just Asians there was Mexicans and African Americans too keeping over limits.

MikesOcean
06-28-2014, 11:04 PM
Not just Asians there was Mexicans and African Americans too keeping over limits.

Lol. Don't forget the armos!

BALLERONBUDGET
06-28-2014, 11:14 PM
never heard of fish caught @those events... I calld office that morning and lady had no record of even any recent stock.. Ty for report

ela
06-28-2014, 11:17 PM
I was there today and did see a lot of cats caught at the north lake.

etucker1959
06-29-2014, 08:41 AM
Had a great time at SFD just camping out overnight but the fishing was a big fat skunk. Hardly anyone was catching catfish and the bite was dead. Went over to Legg Lake to check out the after derby action, we got skunked there as well, the successful anglers were casting out quite far with their huge ocean rods and catching all day, they caught way over their limit but no one was checking (ASIANS). Our smaller rods didn't stand a chance but anyhow was a great day oUT.
You know when the DFG stocked catfish that was my thing. I would see gross over limits taken all the time, committed by all ethnic groups. To get a gross over limit, you had to fish a lake no more then 1 or 2 days after a stock. In this case right after the derby. Here is the 1 Million dollar question, WHERE IS THE DFG????????? With no more catfish stocking being done by them and the local Ocean fishing gone to Hell in a hand bag. WHAT ARE THEY DOING THIS TIME OF THE YEAR???????? I can tell you what they should be doing. Setting up under cover officers after one of these many derbies and BUST THE HELL OUT OF THESE POACHERS??????? Sorry for the rant!!!!!!!

marc626
07-02-2014, 08:29 PM
I fish the shoreline at Legg Lake. People Complaining and Joke telling about Asian Americans makes me sick to my stomach. These are people of Spanish Speaking decent. Just for fun. Go to your local Social Security Office. And laugh at Spanish speaking people. It's great therapy. Yeah right stating African Americans keep over their limit!

twin22s
07-03-2014, 01:15 PM
I do agree that most anglers keeping over there limits are "minorities", but there are a lot of factors that go into it and there all a lot of upper class non-minorities that just don't care what the laws are. Cultural differences, ignorance, greed, apathy and in rare cases necessity play a part in most cases of poaching. I do stereo type in my own mind when I see someone drop a short fish into there cooler or leave with 20 trout that they snagged with a sabiki rig but it is disrespectful to lump all minorities together with the poachers. DFG doesn't do enough definitely, never show up when someone reports a violation and i hardly ever see them anywhere when i fish all the time in alot of places. the biggest problem isn't the violators but the lack of enforcement. these days unless its a lobster or endangered species they don't seem to care. I feel the growing angry mob and it's nice to know we are not alone in our displeasure over the current and declining situation of the local waters. maybe someone up the chain will start giving a dam but until then I don't know what we are all going to do. We all hope these guys get caught and/or change their ways but all we can do is educate and report what we see to the DFG and hope in some way we can make a difference.

Fishtron2000
07-22-2014, 07:43 PM

If you're Mexican, it's all the Asians keeping over limits.
If you're Asian, it's all the Mexicans keeping over limits.
If you're Mexican or Asian, it's all the African Americans keeping over limits.
If you're African American, it's all the Mexicans and Asians keeping over limits.
If you're White American, it's all the brown people who are keeping over limits.
If you're...

Logic of O.P. :LOL: