PDA

View Full Version : SARL Report 6/27/14

hamdenst
06-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Hey all,
Forum member Jarheadbill and I decided to head down to SARL with my uncle (and also his father in law) to try our luck with the cats. Got there about 6pm and soaked nightcrawler/marshmallow combos and mack off the shore just east of what used to be Levitz corner. No bites on the crawler/marshmallow combo but Jarheadbill landed a nice cat around 7 on mack with Bite-on crimson. Got no more bites while the sun was still out so we moved to the shore between the Bubble Hole and Boat dock on the main lake around 8:45. From then till close, I ended up with 1 small kittie and we each had missed a few hits. The bite really seemed to kickstart once the sun went down, from 9-close specifically. To be honest we hadn't had luck at SARL in awhile so we didn't have high expectations but we left happy. Hopefully we'll get a few more next time!

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp90/eddie5k/IMG_4525.jpg

jarheadbill
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp90/eddie5k/IMG_4520.jpg

Mr T-rex
06-30-2014, 09:53 AM
At least you beat the skunk! Catfish season is tough at any lake but once you find the honey hole it'll turn out to be fun
catfish are stacked up and don't move much

Andyxp
06-30-2014, 01:56 PM
I went last night with 2 of my buddies and caught 3 good sized cats. One of which was my personal record, a 2 footer. My buddies got skunked though.

Thanks to T-rex's advice, I'll relocate about every hour. It's strange that I never have any luck using mackarel. Crawlers with marshmellows work for me though.

Mr T-rex
06-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Nice work Andy how much did that 2 footer weigh ?
Yeah Mac only works if its fresh don't even buy the kind that's in a jar. the flys don't even touch it
Go to your local pier and catch some bait there and yes relocate every 30 min to an hour. catfish are stacked so go on a search for them

I went last night with 2 of my buddies and caught 3 good sized cats. One of which was my personal record, a 2 footer. My buddies got skunked though.

Thanks to T-rex's advice, I'll relocate about every hour. It's strange that I never have any luck using mackarel. Crawlers with marshmellows work for me though.

Andyxp
07-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Nice work Andy how much did that 2 footer weigh ?
Yeah Mac only works if its fresh don't even buy the kind that's in a jar. the flys don't even touch it
Go to your local pier and catch some bait there and yes relocate every 30 min to an hour. catfish are stacked so go on a search for them

Thanks Rex! Not sure how much it weighed. Probably 4-5 lbs? That sucker was fat. Haha.

Yeah I'll remember that next time. I actually went fishing off the Huntington Beach pier about 2 weeks ago. Should have saved some of the mack. Think the cats will bite lizard fish? lol

Dont mean to hijack but does anyone know where I can buy fresh shad in socal? Anyone tried it at sARL?