PDA

View Full Version : Dam Fishing 06/27/2014

tommibear
06-28-2014, 08:15 AM
We fished from 6 am to 3 pm on Friday at the end of the Dam.

To our surprise, the wind was whipping crazily when we arrived at the Dam and didn't stop until 10 or 11.

We were constantly getting bites from the schoolies all day long. We finally limited out around 3 pm. My largest schoolie was about 1.5 pound.

Besides my friend and I, there wasn't much other people at the "end" of the Dam.

It is amazing how much the water has gone down these past couple of weeks and to see the new "islands" forming.

dkinla
06-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Nice you guys caught your limit! I just can't stay through the heat like you guys!

Hey, you should checkout the live weather info they have at their website before you leave the house. I always do, to make sure it's not already windy there.

Butch
06-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Catch, Photograph, Release. 1 1/2pound schoolies are babies and they need to grow up and keep Castaic populated or it will be just another mud hole one day.

trail blazer
06-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Catch, Photograph, Release. 1 1/2pound schoolies are babies and they need to grow up and keep Castaic populated or it will be just another mud hole one day.

WOW!,,

Here BUTCH Let me show you how it should go,,,,obviously you don,t know how to reply to a LEGAL slay and a great report,,,,let me show you,,,,,,,,,that way NEXT time on your 3rd post or reply you can be received in a little more pleasant manner,,

Great job TOMMIBEAR,,,,,,Thanks for the report! Great BAIT and WAIT info for fellow FNNers wanting to get there fish taco on,,,THANKS!

TRAIL BLAZER

CAPT'N
07-01-2014, 06:55 AM
TB, this may be just an angler that is uninformed.

Butch, Stripers are invasive species at Castaic. That is why the limit is 10!

Please catch and keep those schoolies ............makes room for my DD's.....

Besides they make great tacos

Capt'n

fishfinder
07-01-2014, 10:30 AM
We fished from 6 am to 3 pm on Friday at the end of the Dam.

To our surprise, the wind was whipping crazily when we arrived at the Dam and didn't stop until 10 or 11.

We were constantly getting bites from the schoolies all day long. We finally limited out around 3 pm. My largest schoolie was about 1.5 pound.

Besides my friend and I, there wasn't much other people at the "end" of the Dam.

It is amazing how much the water has gone down these past couple of weeks and to see the new "islands" forming.

Nice Dam report, but do you have any Dam pictures

seal
07-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Boy I learned something new today, thought you were supposed to thin out the millions of schoolies to keep the baitfish population from being destroyed.

Shows ya what I know!

tommibear
07-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Nice Dam report, but do you have any Dam pictures

Here you go.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a528/tommibear/CastaicFish_zpsabea50be.jpg (http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/tommibear/media/CastaicFish_zpsabea50be.jpg.html)