PDA

View Full Version : Anchoring at the inlet?

chefgary
06-27-2014, 07:02 PM
Hey all I'm going to take my boat up to silverwood never fished it, gona do the bait thing I guess,
I read the bouy line at the inlet near the dam is one of the better spots, how deep is it and how much rope do I need? Thanks!

bendopolo2004
06-28-2014, 08:55 AM
You will need two anchors and some forty pound test mono. With plenty of scope. drop both anchors even with the buoy line. Tie some mono to each end of your boat and tie the other end right to the buoy line. Leave enough slack to keep your boat four feet from the buoy line. Throw in some "chovies or Sardine chunks and hold on.

DEVOREFLYER
06-28-2014, 09:53 AM
You will need two anchors and some forty pound test mono. With plenty of scope. drop both anchors even with the buoy line. Tie some mono to each end of your boat and tie the other end right to the buoy line. Leave enough slack to keep your boat four feet from the buoy line. Throw in some "chovies or Sardine chunks and hold on.

http://i.imgur.com/qe6uRVy.png (http://imgur.com/qe6uRVy)

chefgary
06-28-2014, 09:57 AM
Works for me haha thanks

seal
06-29-2014, 11:18 AM
And after you are done I'm quite sure you remove the line from the buoy line right?

DEVOREFLYER
06-29-2014, 11:20 AM
Yip just like the boatless bank trash pick up after themselves I would guess.:Shocked:

seal
06-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Yip just like the boatless bank trash pick up after themselves I would guess.:Shocked:

The stuff I see out there! Anything for a fish I guess.

MarkyMark
06-29-2014, 01:10 PM
Hey all I'm going to take my boat up to silverwood never fished it, gona do the bait thing I guess,
I read the bouy line at the inlet near the dam is one of the better spots, how deep is it and how much rope do I need? Thanks!

Please post how you did! Silverwood is on my hit list,,,,

MM

Viejo
06-29-2014, 04:58 PM
Just don't tie to the buoy Thursdays through Sunday. There is a lake ranger that loves to cite people for tying to the buoy. I can't imagine that the depth there would be over a few feet at best. Even when water is coming down the inlet, it's not that deep. Also imagine you will be dealing with lots of algae/weeds because of the warm water and shallow depth.

chefgary
07-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Started out at the dam bouy line buddy landed 2 on frozen chovie on the c rig, morin else there, went and anchored up at the inlet in 90 feet if water the wind was at full swing was hard to fish, my sardines had turned into mush,anyways nothing for use at the inlet, now there was a pontoon fishing next to us at the inlet, there was 4 of them, man they were killing it, they were pulling in a fish every 2 minutes, on my way out I ran into them, he said the ticket is to keep the sardine frozen solid, cut out a chunk and split that chunck down the middle,
Put a little pro cure on it, and fly line it with a 1/0 or 2/0 bait holder, hope that helps,
Go get en