PDA

View Full Version : Friday 6/27

P.A.W.
06-27-2014, 06:43 PM
OK, went straight to the inlet and, once again, it is strictly a bait bite. Threw all my faves for nada while the liver guys were hitting one after another. Decided to leave them to it and went LMB hunting. No takers on early topwaters but I was hitting some nice models on plastics. While in a cove I saw a swirl about 25yds away and threw my Lucky Kraft at it.... wham! a nice 5 pound striper nowhere near the inlet. As I continued along the shoreline I'd see an occasional school boil up and go away. You gotta be quick as they don't stay up for long. Ran into Elbowlayer in his orange Cadilac and stopped to say "Hi". He was weighing a 3.5 pounder when I pulled up. We talked lures and tactics then I headed on towards swimmer's cove and sure enough a boil came up right in front of me. Grabbed the jerkbait and 2nd cast hit a schoolie.

All in all a nice day. No solid pattern but the stripers are out feeding and LMB can be had if you stay with it. Water is pretty darn clear for this time of year. Not that I'm complaining, but I'm looking forward to the frog bite. Hear that Jnitro? Soon brother.

elbowlayer
06-28-2014, 08:51 AM
I just posted my video and mentioned you too in my post P.A.W. It was nice meeting you too, ill see you out there again

JAG107
06-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Sounds like summer is here. Thanks for the report Pat! I'd think about heading down there, but the getting's still good at the wood...