PDA

View Full Version : Duct Report for Freeborn Rd. 6/24

Cochetrigo
06-27-2014, 08:20 AM
Went out in the evening @ about 7pm. Nice sunset and cooler weather. Water flowing at the gate. Baited and waited for a few hrs. The current was not too swift as I had only a 2 oz. weight. Had a hit on anchovies twice but missed both. Tried nightcrawlers too but no strikes. A fellow angler was out there fishing with live jumbo minnows and caught two. Clearly we had the wrong bait :LOL:
Looking to go out this weekend and hopefully will have some keepers to post!

DanS
06-27-2014, 04:18 PM
That farmer doesn't have that all blocked off yet? How did you get in there?

DanS
06-29-2014, 08:21 AM
I want to fish freeborn today. Come on guys, is it easy to get in there? Can you still get in from Freeborn road or do you go in from Brite road?

FishingwithDave
06-29-2014, 01:17 PM
I want to fish freeborn today. Come on guys, is it easy to get in there? Can you still get in from Freeborn road or do you go in from Brite road?

It's been a couple months since I tried to get into Freeborn and I came in from Freeborn Rd. Farmer had dug double trenches that I didn't feel I could get my 2WD truck through without getting stuck. Don't know anyone who has tried to get out there lately.

Good luck!

FWD

Cochetrigo
06-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Ok, so you are right. There is no way to get in via freeborn road and I wouldn't suggest it even with 4wd. Two people were stuck when I went out there this Friday. The only/best way to get in is from Brite Rd. to Elk Hills Rd. There is a turn off to the left just before the bridge, then an access rd. that follows along the duct. You can take this down to the gates. We fished here on Friday for 4 hrs. with the gates open- live minnows, gititz (pumpkin color), nightcrawlers, and anchovies. The only action was on the chovies. We fished from 4pm to 8:45pm. SKUNKED... I feel I might be taking a break soon, unless I find any other spots. This spot and the golf course, however, are the only two spots I have fished.