PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime Wareanty on Shimano Poles

loweboat
06-25-2014, 12:08 AM
I was told yesterday that Shimano poles costing $60 or more carry a lifetime guarantee.
This was a pleasant surprise, as I thought only some poles costing well over $100 had a lifetime warranty.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
What other poles or reels costing under $100 have a lifetime warranty?
I would appreciate any information.
Dan

skunked4life
06-25-2014, 08:01 AM
You should really just check out the Shimano North America website. Here is the information regarding the "limited" lifetime warranty:

Limited Lifetime Warranty Rods
Shimano will warranty the following rods. However, if they come to us appearing to be broken in a car door, look like they have been used excessively, or we were informed by the customer that it was broken in an accident, then Shimano will NOT warranty them.

ATL, CL "A" Seriec, CLC/CLS, CNC/CNS, CPC/CPS "A" & "B" Series, CRC/CRS, CSC/CSS, CUC/CUS, CVC/CVS, IGFA, PCF,
SFS, TDR w/2 digit numbered models, TEC/TES, TFC/TFS, TLA, TLC/ TLS/ULC, TLI/TLR/TLT, TMC/TMS, TRC/TRS, TSC/TSS, TVC/TVS, TZC/TZS, ULC, V-RODS, VTS/VTC
If it is not on this list then Shimano will not warranty the rod without a valid receipt showing it to be still under one year and a new appearance.

They also have one year warranties on the rest of their rods. This does not mean that you shouldn't try and get a broken rod replaced as Shimano Customer Service is fantastic and they will try their best to make you happy. On the other hand, I do not personally condone milking the system for a new rod every year. Use your best judgment and you will be rewarded.

Skunked4life

billy b
06-25-2014, 09:27 AM
I have about a dozen high end rods ... and have been very satisfied with their performance ... and with Shimano

They have a 2 part warranty. One is a no questions answered replacement where you just call in ... give them your credit card number ... and they ship it FAST in a tube with a shipping label for you to return mail. I believe the standard is usually 100 bucks ... but they exchanged one of my lesser rods for 75. You must return the broken rod in like a couple of weeks or get charged for a new rod
The other part of the warranty is to send in the rod for evaluation and they will determine if they will replace it under warranty

I've been told that the materials are very sensitive in order to perform well ... and therefore can break pretty easy. I had a rod fall to the ground that was leaning on the side of my car ... and broke ... not under complete warranty.

I wonder is this makes sense?

Also ... what about my custom rod that used a Shimano blank? Probably not.

Good luck with your venture

loweboat
07-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Thanks much to both replies.
Most of us do not have current information when it comes to fishing products warranty.

What other low end warranty information is available?

Do you have information on reels or other products?
Thanks again!
Dan