PDA

View Full Version : Lake closed 06/26 and 06/27

seal
06-24-2014, 08:18 AM
Silverwood will be closed this Thursday and Friday for chemical treatment. They are using "pac 27" which I guess is different than blue stoning. Here's the release from the State website and also a little article about water taste issues due to algae.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=650

http://rotwnews.com/2014/06/23/musty-taste-and-odor-to-silverwood-lake-water-prompts-complaints/

basstard2013
06-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Thanks Seal for the heads up

seal
06-25-2014, 06:32 PM
Update, the materials needed to do the job did not make it to the lake although the barges used to distribute them did. The application is going to be re-scheduled probably after the 4th holiday. The notices are still up at the entrance but this just came up this afternoon.

But I'd call first if coming a long way, don't want anybody pissed off at me if things change again!

BassinPLS
06-29-2014, 07:27 AM
Update, the materials needed to do the job did not make it to the lake although the barges used to distribute them did. The application is going to be re-scheduled probably after the 4th holiday. The notices are still up at the entrance but this just came up this afternoon.

But I'd call first if coming a long way, don't want anybody pissed off at me if things change again!

According to the link you provided in your first post above, the dates of the closure have been updated. Here is what I copied from the post:

**ATTENTION**
On Tuesday, July 1st and Wednesday, July 2nd, Silverwood Lake
will be closed to all vessels and all Day Use Areas will be closed
to the public for PAC 27 application.

The campground will remain open during the application period.

Silverwood Lake will reopen on July 3rd to the public.

Thank you for your cooperation

seal
06-29-2014, 11:11 AM
According to the link you provided in your first post above, the dates of the closure have been updated. Here is what I copied from the post:

**ATTENTION**
On Tuesday, July 1st and Wednesday, July 2nd, Silverwood Lake
will be closed to all vessels and all Day Use Areas will be closed
to the public for PAC 27 application.

The campground will remain open during the application period.

Silverwood Lake will reopen on July 3rd to the public.

Thank you for your cooperation

Well isn't that a bummer for all the campers that took the week of the 4th off! Trout plant scheduled this week also so that will either be cancelled or come in on a day off if they don't get it in on Monday (should be last plant of the year I'd think, soon big stripers will go and stay deep).

Thanks for the update, I think.