PDA

View Full Version : Found another ghost for my friday blues

exfactor
06-21-2014, 07:50 AM
Hooked up with one of my proteges for an evening high tide attempt. Scott has been very eager to learn all the in's and out's of this
beach fishing, and started off with a nice wiggles in the tail. He would have 5 chances this evening, he caught 3 wiggles, hooked a
freight train that screamed straight out, then hook pulled, and also had 1 that stayed pinned for only a couple seconds. I was using
the metalic ayu for an hour for no love, so switched out to the new glow white pattern. I got a solid bite, and slid this, my second
ghost of the year on the beach.http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j249/exfactor1/photocopy3.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/user/exfactor1/media/photocopy3.jpg.html)
Scott posed with him for me, as he wasn't quite up to the 28 inch mark, although very close. Snapped this quick pic, and away he
went to grow up. May try again this evening, this WSB from the beach is kinda exciting.

Which Way Out
06-21-2014, 08:16 AM
Mikey sorry I couldn't make it last night. I was just beat from work. Not sure I could of even cast a lure, it was a hard week. Feeling better now.

I almost bought that lure the day before you got it. I got the one next to it that's not the glow. Anyway nice looking fish and I'll be ready this evening.

WWO

cutbait
06-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Nice fish Exf!...
I was on the phone with uncoachable last night... believe me, "it wasn't his arms that were sore" on why he didn't go...

Lol... J/K.... glad you got on some nice fish

Which Way Out
06-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Nice fish Exf!...
I was on the phone with uncoachable last night... believe me, "it wasn't his arms that were sore" on why he didn't go...

Lol... J/K.... glad you got on some nice fish

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/dabus_zps4585712e.jpg (http://s769.photobucket.com/user/WhichWayOut/media/dabus_zps4585712e.jpg.html)

smidge
06-21-2014, 03:31 PM
Very nice!

TUNAVIC
06-21-2014, 03:50 PM
That must of been really close to the mark,very nice fish,next time you hook him he'll be 28"+,thanks.

Cya Tuna Vic

Jaysuuun
06-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Mikey congrats on your second ghost! I'm still working on my first....EVER!

crappiemike
06-22-2014, 01:09 AM
Nice fish mikey!!!!!!

Cm

murrieta angler
06-22-2014, 09:37 AM
Hey Mikey,
At least you know where they are, that's the hard part...:Envious:
Hope you get into another legal!
Robert
<><

skunked4life
06-25-2014, 07:03 AM
So close! For me, even one legal would be a blessing! It seems as though you have found them and I have no doubt that you will land at least one more very soon Master Yoda.

Ken

Dawn Treader
06-25-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm with you Jaysuuun , still looking for my first ever off the sand as well. I get to hang with Mikey up here so my chances are increased! WTG Mike

Brad

bones
06-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Great job on the WSB guys.....Looks like the warm water has pushed them north of us and into your neighborhood. For gods sake the water temps down here have hit 70 degrees and I caught four mini 20" cudas from the sand last night .... LOL
Can you say "El Nino"

bachiboy
06-26-2014, 12:09 AM
Nice fish Mikey. Least you know they're prowling about. I'm sure there'll be some legals in the mix for you soon!

Don

Wingnut
06-27-2014, 05:39 PM
Sweet catch Mikey, let me know when they get thick... I'll make the drive again... :Twisted:

SP Dan
06-28-2014, 05:03 PM
Hey Mikey,

You went out after your targeted species and landed it ... :Big Smile::Applause: WTG Brotha!
Excellent job on the release .... to let it grow up and fight it another day!

I've been hitting it hard down here in my area and for the most part I have been coming up pretty much empty handed lately. :Envious:
The water is way too warm and the kelp is dieing off, causing the littering our coast line and beaches once again.
It's making each retrieval a task of weed picking.

Tight lines!

SP Dan <"))>< ..... "The Danimal!"

remington
06-30-2014, 08:04 AM
Great job Mikey! I'm still hopeful I can have the opportunity to pull on one in the near future.

Thank you for the report!

Kelly

Badbeat
07-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Nice Ghost Mikey. Arthur told me that he's going up there this weekend, wish I could go. :Neutral:
Have a great time you guys. :Big Grin: