PDA

View Full Version : One fish two fish striped fish green fish

P.A.W.
06-20-2014, 01:22 PM
6/20 Pretty long line for a Friday. I hear there were some pre tourney guys fishing today. Water is up some and 73*. Hit 6 stripers from 3-5 pounds early then that bite died off. Trolled around looking for a pattern and came up with a Green Bass on the Urig. Most folks who were LMB hunting said it was a little slow compared to the last week. Saw NFCD and chatted him up for a bit and watched him boat a nice LMB.

NFCD I
06-20-2014, 04:08 PM
It was great to officially meet Pat. We talked for about fifteen minutes and I learned an hours worth. The man truly knows and studies the lake. Pat, you had better keep an eye out over your shoulder. You never know when I'm going to be there, watching and learning.
Thanks for the help today.
Dale

TroutOnly
06-20-2014, 04:25 PM
NICE GREENCARP PAT........................t/o...........

elbowlayer
06-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Nice one, Ill try to get there extra early tomorrow and beat the line. Stop by and say hi if you guys see me out there. Ill be in my red kayak.

P.A.W.
06-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Hey elbowlayer I was asking NFCD if he had seen you. No more weekends for me. Maybe next Friday. Hey Bob! The Urig is truly a multi species setup.

elbowlayer
06-20-2014, 07:55 PM
Hey elbowlayer I was asking NFCD if he had seen you. No more weekends for me. Maybe next Friday. Hey Bob! The Urig is truly a multi species setup.

For sure next Friday for me too. I got sick on Thursday and when I got up early to get ready to go fishing the wife shut me down and sent me back to bed for one more day of bed rest, lol. Im hoping to have a nice morning tomorrow, ill be there from open till noon.

Big-Bob
06-20-2014, 09:46 PM
Nice catch PAW.

Lmb has for sure slowed down from last week. Went twice last week and fished 3-close. Had 20 one day and 16 the next.

Went twice this week and was only able to scratch 7 each trip.
Kind of funny, I was coming out of one of the south coves going to the little point that is above the water. It was prob 300-400 yds to the point so I was just using the trolling motor and going straight to the point. My cousin was on the back messing around with the spinner he had been throwing at the tulies and got slammed by a striper. It was around 7# and the largest we have ever caught at Skinner. We have never targeted striper and now I am looking at umbrella rigs so I can switch it up when LMB are slow.

Any recommendations on Urigs?

MikesOcean
06-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Great report P.A.W

Looks like you have that lake dialed in!

P.A.W.
06-21-2014, 06:11 AM
Wow Bob, that is almost exactly how I got turned on to stripers at Skinner..... going from one tulie stand to another and just throwing my jerkbait at open water BAM! I was so stoked but really struggled to find them on purpose. Then I found out about Trout Only and the rest is history. Oh, I still fish for Largemouth, but only after I boat a few stripers. :Smile: