PDA

View Full Version : Shore fishing Observatory to Juniper Point?

vistacourt
06-16-2014, 11:15 PM
I'll be staying up at an RV park near the observatory in about a week and would like to do some shore fishing. I have never fished this lake but from what I have researched, the area I will be in is not ideal for trout as it is the shallow end of the lake. Has anyone ever fished this area from shore for bass, bluegill or cats? I was thinking of targeting the area between the Observatory to Juniper Point. I can also fish at night. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I catch and release.

TwistedOrder
06-16-2014, 11:21 PM
BBL is a tough lake to begin with, I cant help you much here. Especially not shore fishing.

vonfranko
06-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Fished at Juniper Point on the 6th and 7th. It's was all carp and bullheads, no trout. Bullheads on nightcrawlers and carp on corn.

diamondbear
06-20-2014, 06:43 PM
The rv park area over by the observ. is a little to warm right now for trout but might be good at night for the cats . The good spot for trout fishing is on the north shore next to the west dam , really good spot for trout and cats at night . The weather is perfect now , mid 40s at night . good luck// db