PDA

View Full Version : Still exploring from the desert. 6/15

tomar19
06-16-2014, 10:57 PM
I hopped on the motorcycle and headed out to another beach on my checklist of places to visit yesterday. Made it there around 11:00 on the incoming high tide. The weather was perfect with a light breeze and low surf conditions. the beach offered nice stretches of rocks and structure without swimmers, along with sandy areas with light beach goer presence. Water clarity was great in the rocky areas, with some patchy stretches of salad washing in. Right off the bat, I had a nice spot fin follow my crank bait to my boots only to turn and run. Fished that area for a while trying to get another shot at him, but no takers. As I fished and worked my way north I was practically kicking corbina in the nose as they crashed the inner trough. I switched to my plastics rig and started fishing some various gulp plastics. I didn't stick a bean, but landed a short hali of about 15". The salad cleared some as the tide turned, but I had no other action. At the end of the day I had a great day of riding, fishing, and sharing the blow by blow with my dad on fathers day over the phone. Still so much sand to explore, looking forward to getting back out there as soon as the schedule allows.

Tight lines,

Tony

bachiboy
06-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Sounds like a nice recon mission. Keep it up and you'll start to get familiar with what areas are holding some fish and at what conditions they fish best. It's part of the fun of all this!:Wink:

Enjoy!
Don

basshole1
06-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Crotch rockets and wettin' lines, can't beat that brotha. That's what I call a gooood day...

Wingnut
06-27-2014, 05:25 PM
Hey Tony, nice job on the exploration mission...
The area where I met you a few months ago is starting to pick up. :Secret:

tomar19
06-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks Arthur. I'm in the midst of my summer travel schedule for the next month, so hopefully I'll be hitting our southern beaches in August.

Here is pic from last weeks trip to the Yucatan with a quick outing in the Caribbean.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh247/tbone02001/P3260032_zps398534a6.jpg (http://s258.photobucket.com/user/tbone02001/media/P3260032_zps398534a6.jpg.html)