PDA

View Full Version : 6/16/2014 Corona Lake

TwistedOrder
06-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Fished from 6:45am till 11:30am at Corona Lake

Vessel: 30 Dollar Rental Motor Boat
Bait: Mackeral (Skunk), Shrimp (Skunk), Mealworms Marshmallows (Skunk), Mr. Catfish Dip Bait (7 Fish)

Myself and a Friend motor'd off into the distance in search of the kitties. Started the morning near the dam, knocking hard with NO reply's. - 6:45
After nothing for 2 hours of throwing Mac, Shrimp, and MM combo. We motored off into the other portion of the lake. - 8:45

We arrive at the west shoreline and fish there for another hour, same baits NO fish. - 9:45
Left that area and went north to the rock wall tossing Mackeral and Mealworms. Nothing. - 10:20

At this point, im defeated after 11am I never really hook up on fish, so we start to call it a day since im out of Mackeral, Mealworms, and Shrimp.
On the way to the boat dock, I look down in my bag and see my wifes fathers day present to me: A Jar of Mr. Catfish Liver/Blood dip/stink bait.

11:15

I figure, "What the Hell" and Cinch on my bait holder Treble hooks with Springs on them. Looking for a place to cast, im about 55 meters from the Boat dock in Boat Dock Cove, I figure that's as good a spot as any.

1/2oz Sinker and a Quick Connect to slap on the treble.
Im using 15lb moss green braided line so I can feel EVERY bite.

First Cast: BENDO. land a 2.3lb Blue
Double hook-up on both my rods.

Continued to hook up simultaneously so I pull rod #2 out of the water since I cant manage both of them.

I Fought so many fish that I went through 5 hooks with the fish breaking and bending the springs in the center from fighting and removing the hooks.

I Ended up Keeping 7 fish, tossing 4 back because they were too big for me to be bothered with filleting and keeping. While my buddy using other bait in the same location landed only 1.

11:30

Gotta find them, or you'll have a rough time. But once you do, its NUTS.
Unable to catch any tilapia, although I DID try my best fly-lining mealworms.