PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day weekend fishing videos

elbowlayer
06-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Fished both Friday and Saturday mornings from my kayak. Friday I got most my bites on soft plastics, senkos mostly. Saturday I got no love on the plastics and switched to some hardbaits, that seemed to be the ticket and I got on a steady bite late morning. On both days I found the fish between 5-15 feet deep and it seemed they were suspending as the morning wore on. I made a short video for each day, hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/Buf_oE1QHPo

http://youtu.be/0WbHYWaukFc

DBass
06-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Nice job, i was out there Saturday and think i saw you working the south side of the lake. for me it was a slow tough day and lots of boats and rentals. my buddy and i noticed it looks like they lowered the lake since last weekend.

elbowlayer
06-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Nice job, i was out there Saturday and think i saw you working the south side of the lake. for me it was a slow tough day and lots of boats and rentals. my buddy and i noticed it looks like they lowered the lake since last weekend.

Yeah it looked like the water level dropped by like a foot and a half. The lake was more crowded for sure! It did make things harder fishing behind some of these boats with their music blaring and motors. I was having a hard time catching them too, all my usual stuff was not working. I'm always fishing that south south/east shoreline, say hello next time. I do need to explore some more areas though.

Hotbite909
06-16-2014, 06:51 PM
Always enjoy your videos. I noticed that early morning overcast sky in your video. It made me remember some great top water days at that lake for striper in the morning. Anyway, Looks like a good day. Nobody can complain about healthy bass and a decent gill.

elbowlayer
06-17-2014, 03:41 AM
Always enjoy your videos. I noticed that early morning overcast sky in your video. It made me remember some great top water days at that lake for striper in the morning. Anyway, Looks like a good day. Nobody can complain about healthy bass and a decent gill.

Both days started off the same with clouds and a nice layer of fog on the lake. Friday it hung around a lot longer, Saturday it all burned away by like 730. Usually the fishing is better for me the longer the fog stays on the water. Thanks for the compliment too, I am still trying to get the striper bite dialed in. I have only been able to catch one Dink so far. Any help on this subject would help. I heard there is a season ?

Hotbite909
06-17-2014, 08:20 PM
I am going to give it a try maybe in a week. I am going to hit this one spot I use to fish a long time ago for striper that use to produce good. I will let you know if produces a good bite.

NFCD I
06-18-2014, 08:07 AM
Great Video's. As far as the stripers go, and I'm not saying I know their patterns, but they pretty much follow the shad. I think the guy's that catch them this time of the year are trolling in deep water with umbrella rigs. You can also get lucky early in the morning casting swim baits at the inlet. When they're there, the bite only lasts for about an hour.
If you don't mind me asking, how deep are your crank baits getting down for the LMB? I do a lot of DS in the area's you are fishing, but I very seldom use crank baits.
I'll be on the water Thursday morning.
Dale

elbowlayer
06-18-2014, 05:42 PM
Great Video's. As far as the stripers go, and I'm not saying I know their patterns, but they pretty much follow the shad. I think the guy's that catch them this time of the year are trolling in deep water with umbrella rigs. You can also get lucky early in the morning casting swim baits at the inlet. When they're there, the bite only lasts for about an hour.
If you don't mind me asking, how deep are your crank baits getting down for the LMB? I do a lot of DS in the area's you are fishing, but I very seldom use crank baits.
I'll be on the water Thursday morning.
Dale

I haven't gotten the courage, or honestly the strength , to paddle all the way to the inlet yet, but I hope to get some once they move up on the water column. I was trying to keep my bait around 10 feet and run it parallel to the grass underwater slowly, that is where the big one came from. Its going to be sunny again tomorrow so I would try a couple of cranks in like 15-20 feet, Im going Friday. The wether report says its going to be cloudy in the morning, im hoping it will hold out and not burn away early. Good luck tomorrow, let me know how it goes. Jaime

NFCD I
06-18-2014, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the information Jaime. I'm going to be there Friday as well. I'll make sure to say hi. Me and a friend will be in my 18 ft. gold Skeeter bass boat.
Thanks Again.

NFCD I
06-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Well I gave it a shot today. I threw crank baits from 6:30 to 8:00 for nothing. I switched to my old reliable D/S Robo worm. I caught several with the biggest weighing in at 5.22#. I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow.

elbowlayer
06-20-2014, 06:00 AM
When in doubt, drop it out, that's what I always say. I came down with the flu so I skipped today . Ill try to do a quick morning session tomorrow.