PDA

View Full Version : Quick Perris Saturday Report

GhettoBasser
06-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Hit it early this am. Really nothing too much too mention today. We did get 4. All around the tires. Purple again was the ticket.
No real size. Real grassy since a couple of weeks ago. The carp we're going crazy!!!!!!

Will hit it again tomorrow.

Odgrm1
06-14-2014, 11:02 PM
Hi ghettobasser
So I keep hearing of the tires please enlighten me oh wise one

chompot
06-15-2014, 11:53 AM
We were there Sat morning as well. Fished from 730 to 10am. Caught somewhere close to 20 for 3 of us. Could not get them to eat the senko. everything on the dropshot.

khanhqpham
06-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Hi ghettobasser

The tire reef east of the island. Just look for the all the bass boats hanging out on the side of the island opposite of the launch ramp .

Odgrm1
06-16-2014, 11:58 PM
Thanks for info I will check it out soon if not tomorrow and post my findings

BassinPLS
06-17-2014, 07:10 AM
Hi ghettobasser

Odgrm1,

The Tire Reef, that I am aware of, is located on the south side of the island, (in about 10 foot of water now that the lake is down). If you drew a straight line from the launch ramp area across the very west end of the island you'd find them about 200' to 300' feet off of the southerly shore line. There are numerous groups of tires that have been placed for fish habitat. There is a group close to the 5 mph buoy line and then more to the east. You can't miss the tires now that the water is drawn down... you can see them in the water when you are over them. The top of the tires are only 3 -4 feet below the surface. They are very large scraper or dump truck tires. Like mentioned above, just look for the boats, as normally there is always someone fishing the tires. If you're a float tuber it is quite a long kick from Sail Cove.

Odgrm1
06-19-2014, 09:52 AM
Thanks BassinPLS
its not that bad of a kick from the closed down boat launch in the north end.
ok maybe a lil but heck what else am i going to do.. lol

bassman909
06-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Would it be worth fishing from the shore for bass

BassinPLS
06-20-2014, 07:19 AM
Bassman909,

I haven't fished Perris from shore; but I would think you'd have as good a chance hooking up from shore as from a boat. A lot of the fish I have caught there have been within casting distance from shore. I would try drop shotting a MM III Robo worm, (something purple), or TX Rigging a green pumpkin Baby Brush Hog. For me it has been tuff bite lately. Just have patience and see what happens....Big Momma Sucking in your worm, Hope Hope!