PDA

View Full Version : Friday went fishing

TED MILLS
06-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Well I went out yesterday and the one thing I can say is the water was wet, temp was seventy four and felt good.
Fishing was really one way , the fist won. nothing , nothing at all, I was a few fish on my Echo 200 but that was all.
I asked to other guys passing threw in boats and they said it was really bad, when I went in to shore one man said he caught one small one and that was it, even the Chinese guys were doing bad so that is it.
I got one hit and missed him , the wind was off and on at about five MPH, it was a pleasent day to kick my float tube around at Sail Cove.

You guys have a good Fathers Day, you non fathers GET BUSY

Ted

TED MILLS
06-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Come on guys talk to me , POST lets get this summer fishing trips tie in with helping others hear of our trips to Perris lake, ,
Do not mean to push you guys but lets make this a good information source ok.
I am just trying .

Ted

BassinPLS
06-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Ted,

I can't figure out what turned Perris off so bad. A couple of weeks ago it was crankin' out some real nice fish and now it's....dead!

TED MILLS
06-14-2014, 12:41 PM
BassinPLS all I can think of maybe they are traveling around the lake like the trout do, speaking of Trout I am a good trout fisherman and have caught trout since I was six years old, but I have caught 0 Trout at Perris lake, I do know where they plant them but Trout travel and I have not heard of any one catching any after a few days when they release them , Bass generally set up shop, they will come back, do you think 74 or 75 degrees water temp has them on the move to deeper water then come in at night to feed??

thank you for posting , I know we can count on you and three others I know of

Ted

jerdog
06-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Ted,

First of all thanks for your reports.

Second, a couple of weeks ago the Bass spawn was finishing up, the crappie and blue gill spawn was on. Bass were being caught in 5 to 15 feet of water. Now the lake is lower, the panfish spawn is nearly over, and the bass are deeper. I have not caught a bass in less than 17 feet of water in two weeks, but I don't usually go fishing before 7 AM.
I hope that helps

TED MILLS
06-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Jerdog thank you for your post , yes it does help. now I can rest my mind trying to figure it out, I will hit the lake a couple times next week.
Also guys watch out at Sail Cove there is a fourty two feet sand bar before you park near the waters edge and cars are getting stuck, watched them from my float tube, and yes I had to dig out my self

Ted

BassinPLS
06-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Ted,

I believe the bass are definitely spread out and chasing bait, panfish or crayfish. The last time I was at Perris, (last Friday), two of my buddies picked up bass on the tires; which is only in about 10 foot of water now, or less. They were caught around 8:00 am. There were bass, big ones, busting bait on the surface all over the lake. Normally I can get a few on my old stand-by for Lake Perris: a green pumpkin baby brush hog or a twin tail hula grub. I didn't get so much as a single bite until 11:30 am and it was a short...13"-14" and a 1 lb - 1 1/2 lbs. A real tuff bite. I threw reaction baits in the morning for around a hour; but no love. It could be that there is so much feed in the water right now that they aren't interested in artificial baits.

Thanks for posting. I pretty much check the FNN every day to see what going on; but hardly anyone is posting anymore.

Tom
06-14-2014, 08:56 PM
going tomorrow ted

where have you been?
never see you at the lake when i have gone and you have not answered any emails..thought something was wrong with you
I will give you a report tomorrow when i get back
Tom

TED MILLS
06-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Tom I have not recieved any e-mails ever from you or PM messages ever, I am fine , I was out there twice last week, talked to Polar bear twice, he was way out there wading for fish and I almost bumped him.
Will send you a PM happy Fathers Day Tom

Ted

Tom
06-15-2014, 05:49 PM
5 fish caught and 3 lost all 14-20"
was a good 3 hours of fishing...slow biting but if you keep at it you get fish
all fish 14-20ft of water
never tried the intake
Lots of Tubes out for fathers day
tom

SILVER CARP SUPERSTAR
06-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Fishing is usually tougher around the full moon during the day.

TED MILLS
06-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Tom I went over to the lake yesterday morning and to my surprise the wind was chopping the water, there was not a fisherman in site, not even bank fisherman so I sat there a while, maybe I will wait till Fri, have to go to VA Hospital tomorrow

See you guys

troutdog
06-18-2014, 12:38 PM

My thoughts as well, lots of slow fishing reported last weekend......this one should be better!

Good luck and thanks for posting up the report!

TD

SilverCarpSuck
06-18-2014, 02:34 PM

Like you know what you're talking about. We are talking bass, not silvercarp...

JDS13
06-18-2014, 09:25 PM
Hi Ted,
I took my boat mech out about a week ago, we did petty good on the jointed shad raps in shad pattern in 20 to 14 ft of water. we got about 9 bass, only fished till 1pm. As we were coming in my buddy goes oh creap im snagged, I look back a big bass jumps and he ends up catching a 5 lbs bass, good times.

JDS13
06-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Sorry about not posten much, school and work does not let me get out. MAYBE ONCE A MONTH if im lucky. Hopefully ill get to go this thurs.

tight lines