PDA

View Full Version : hoopin long beach 9/30

FISHNMOFO
10-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Went out with ron (paintnfish) last nite to do some hoopin around long beach area. Ron met up at my house around 630p and launched around 7 or so. Went to a spot and set 5 nets and waited. waited 20min and pulled them up cause the anticipation was killin us! ended up with about a dozen craps that we released and one lobster that we thought was short cause we measured it and the body wasnt as big as the lobster gauge ( 7in) soo we threw it back and realized that it only had to be 3 1/4 in and so we threw back a legal :rofl: well we got a good laugh :rofl: great nite perfect weather!!

ron trying to et the crabs out with out being pinched!! :P
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/hoopin001.jpg

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/hoopin002.jpg

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/hoopin004.jpg

bruce watson
10-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Andy come on you've been around forever. You're my hero and suppose to get a big limit every time.

I'm watching the night time winds. Should get out somewhere between tues and thurs.

CoffeaRobusta
10-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Andy come on you've been around forever. You're my hero and suppose to get a big limit every time.

I'm watching the night time winds. Should get out somewhere between tues and thurs.

:D That's too funny. oh well at least you know they are there!

FISHNMOFO
10-01-2007, 10:11 PM

haha bruce! still new to the hooping thing even though i had the hoops hanging in the garage for the past 2 yrs. im going to get some before this month is over :twisted:

olfishergal
10-01-2007, 10:14 PM
are any of the piers good for hooping?

Wildhorse1966
10-01-2007, 10:28 PM

try santa monica

fishinmofo ..i might launch wed. night to try the breakwall hope to see you out there .. i will be in the wellcraft sportsman (same as your boat but dual console rather then center console ) :lol:

FISHNMOFO
10-01-2007, 10:41 PM

try santa monica

fishinmofo ..i might launch wed. night to try the breakwall hope to see you out there .. i will be in the wellcraft sportsman (same as your boat but dual console rather then center console ) :lol:

cant make it wedsday! ill be out there thursday night!

one_leg
10-01-2007, 11:34 PM
and one lobster that we thought was short cause we measured it and the body wasnt as big as the lobster gauge ( 7in) soo we threw it back and realized that it only had to be 3 1/4 in and so we threw back a legal :rofl: well we got a good laugh :rofl: great nite perfect weather!!

Thanks for leaving a bug for me. What did you guys do, use a an Red Abalone gauge?

One_Leg

Troutman65
10-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Bummer about putting back a legal bug.

Thanks for the report.

Troutman65