PDA

View Full Version : Carpinteria Trip

Astrolux
06-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Headed to Carpinteria this Sunday for a week with my wives family. We are staying in the Santa Cruz campground at Carpinteria State Beach. While the kids are playing in the sand, (and the mother in law is around) I'm gonna do some fishing. Any info is appreciated. Do I need to head further south or north to get some good fishing in? I have never been to Carpinteria before. I have a feeling its gonna be crowded. Any advice on where to go and get away from people?? Id like to catch a few fish for some fish tacos one night. Thanks in advance guys.

Wingnut
06-13-2014, 05:49 PM
I've only fished Carpinteria a few times, but had pretty good success with mostly Perch there.
Caught a legal Halibut one time near the mouth of the inlet to the far right of the beach. Seen a lot of Leopard Sharks there too. Be careful not to fish right in front of the inlet, there are warning signs posted and you can get a big ticket.
Go early because later in the day when the swimmers shows up, the lifeguards will ask you to move away from the area. :Neutral:

There are other beaches near there too, try Santa Claus Lane, good luck! :Wink:

Astrolux
06-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Will a drop shot rod and 8lb test be fine then, if perch is on the menu?

tamddo714
06-13-2014, 10:43 PM
carolina rigged with camo sand worms if you want perch