PDA

View Full Version : overnite on the eldorado

fish hunt
06-09-2014, 06:35 PM
decided to go out overnite friday on the eldorado got down to beth 55 early so i could get a fish sandwich and have a couple brews before boat left .
ran into some people ive fished with before that were going on the same trip since my buddies couldnt make it made it nice to know somebody on the boat to start off with .
we left the dock just before 10pm with about 12 guys for the trip .
we arrived at west cove area of sanclemente island about 3am and made some squid and started fishing
small rockfish and calicos we fished a few other spots for the same then moved out of the area to another spot by rocks and a nasty kelp bed this was the spot nice size calicos and big sheepshead
pulling fish thru the kelp yank and crank some would get stuck and you would have to freespool so they would swim back out got a nice sheepshead that took about 10 minutes to get in through the kelp it took every trick in the book to get him in got to love spectra .
then we finished the day with a long drift in deeper water for some reds .
no yellows or white seabass but just a great solid day of action . cant seem to post pics will try later

fish hunt
06-09-2014, 07:06 PM
4431744316 here are the pics

MexicanPistachio
06-09-2014, 08:56 PM
how was the boat in terms of crew and bunks?

MikesOcean
06-09-2014, 09:02 PM
I have spent countless nights on that boat growing up.

It was always one of my favorites. Great boat and great crew!

Don't know how it is now, but I did love that boat!

Great report! Looks like you had a blast.

TUNAVIC
06-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Maybe no WSB or Y/T but still sounded like good times,I always tell my fishing partners the fish are a bonus,many people can't afford to get out on the water and enjoy all that it offers,so when the fishing is slow I still love being out there!

Cya Tuna Vic

basshole1
06-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Cool report and cool sheephead.

larry626
06-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the report. Was trying to go on that boat tonight but they had to cancel due to only 5 people. I think their minimum is 10. WIll try to catch it again next week. Those are giant looking sheep heads! NIce job

fish hunt
06-10-2014, 04:24 PM
it was deffinatly a fun trip .
crew was veary helpful seemed ever time had a fish or got stuck somebody was there to help .
the boat is in nice shape bunks and heads look to be freshly painted and clean .
they said in mid july they will be heading south to join sandiego fleet for tuna season

larry626
07-14-2014, 04:05 PM
I have to agree with Fishhunt. I went out on the 11th and had a blast. The best part has to be the crew, especially Kyle. That guy moves around a lot and gets things done fast. I don't remember unhooking a fish from my line. Everytime I caught something, he was there to unhook and at times even replaced the bait! That's first class service.

Summary of my trip:

1. Left Berth 55 at 9:30pm and got to Catalina at 1am to pick up some fresh squid. Spent 3 hours here.
2. Got to San Clemente Islands at 7:30 am and everyone started fishing.
3. Fishing was very good, landed mostly Calico Bass, Perch, Sheep head, white fish and other misic fishes. No Yellow Tail or Tuna here. We got roughly 5 or so hours of fishing. But that was more than enough for me as everyone was pulling fish out on a steady pace. I ended up keeping about 18 fish, 8 Sheephead, 5 Calicos 3 perch and a few other miscs fishes.

The ride was a bit bumpy but the sleep area was a clean. It was a great trip but seasickness hit me on the way back home. Guess the pills wore off. Had the voodoo bracelets too and that for sure didn't work.

We got back at 8:30. Took about 5:30 hours to get back from San Clemente Island.