PDA

View Full Version : what type of fish is this?

yotataco
06-09-2014, 10:40 AM
5am at the beach tossing my lucky craft for some halibut. I kept getting bites but nothing would stick. Switched to a small grub and pulled this out. Have no clue what type of fish it is. Caught about 5 of them. They saved me from a skunk.

City Dad
06-09-2014, 10:49 AM
sea-run squawfish

badnews
06-09-2014, 11:16 AM
I believe those are lizard fish. They hang in the waves or close to shore and bite into anything they see. They're kind of annoying to catch!

Gossamer
06-09-2014, 11:17 AM
chupacabras metaphoruous.

Jmericle
06-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Yup, that is a lizard fish. Say away from their mouth as they have some gnarly teeth.

tommibear
06-09-2014, 11:54 AM
I believe those are lizard fish. They hang in the waves or close to shore and bite into anything they see. They're kind of annoying to catch!

+1 vote for lizard fish.

GhettoBasster
06-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Yup, that is a lizard fish. Say away from their mouth as they have some gnarly teeth.

Aka poorman's barracuda.

yotataco
06-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the information. I looked it up and I agree with lizard fish. Also red they make good halibut bait. Has anyone tried it?

vampirebret
06-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Was at Avila beach last year and those things infested the pier. Fun for the kids to catch. Did try one for halibut but there was either none around or they weren't interested in the bait. Oh and they do make great finger food as well. Deep fry those boogers and dip it in hot sauce and its finger licking good! LOL

SP Dan
06-09-2014, 01:03 PM
In folklore, the Chupacabra is known as a grotesque :EyePop: creature of the night that sucks the blood from goats and other small prey. Ha ha ha! :ROFL:

I vote that it's the slimy ..... Lizard Fish!! :My Two Cents:

SP Dan <"))><

PokerFish
06-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Was at Avila beach last year and those things infested the pier. Fun for the kids to catch. Did try one for halibut but there was either none around or they weren't interested in the bait. Oh and they do make great finger food as well. Deep fry those boogers and dip it in hot sauce and its finger licking good! LOL

The problem with using Lizard Fish for live bait is that they tend to go to the bottom and just sit there. If you're drifting it or reeling it in along the bottom they will work much better. I've caught random stuff dragging it behind my float tube as I move around and throw plastics with my other rod.

vampirebret
06-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Good advice. I will try that the next time I head down there.

bobabocker
06-09-2014, 03:32 PM
The problem with using Lizard Fish for live bait is that they tend to go to the bottom and just sit there. If you're drifting it or reeling it in along the bottom they will work much better. I've caught random stuff dragging it behind my float tube as I move around and throw plastics with my other rod.

They also supposedly make great Lingcod Bait... if you tie it on a drooperloop... and just have him suspended. Just make sure you have some heavy test cause you are going for a ride if a big ling pulls you into rocks.

Ifishtoolittle
06-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Don't listen to these guys they don't know what they're talking about. Obviously, it's a cousin of the Wahoo.

vampirebret
06-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Lol lol lol

TUNAVIC
06-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Candle fish!

Cya Tuna Vic

MikesOcean
06-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the information. I looked it up and I agree with lizard fish. Also red they make good halibut bait. Has anyone tried it?

Fantastic Halibut bait! You can catch thousands out of long beach with just a hook.

Or keep your lizard fish on the hook and catch a bigger one.

FTS Gary is the king of catching Lizard fish! Hahah.( Hope he's reading)

Gossamer
06-11-2014, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=SP Dan;729944]In folklore, the Chupacabra is known as a grotesque :EyePop: creature of the night that sucks the blood from goats and other small prey.

Nope that creature is known ad the X-Wife.....

Brent
06-11-2014, 03:55 PM
SNAKEHEADS!!!!
Lockup the wife, children and dogs....AAAAHHHhhhhh the end is near...:LOL: