PDA

View Full Version : 6/8/14 Puddingstone Recon

AngryMinnow
06-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Hey guys I usually hit up Pudd on Sundays and today was a great day. Although I didn't catch any fish I had a lot of good bites through out the morning on my little shad jerkbait. I spotted A LOT of bluegills and LMB. I got there around 0930 which is kind of late for that lake as I've read on this site and had a chance to talk to a gentleman who has been fishing there since he was a boy (he looked like he was in his late 50's). I spotted 3 really big LMB probably 4 to 5 pounders and maybe 12" to 13" in length swimming right in front of me and hiding under this stump about 3ft where I was standing. I threw everything I had at them but they did not bite or even seem interested in going for my baits. The bluegill are definitely out and I spotted some nice ones although I had a lot of bites from these baby bluegills and even a baby bass I could not set the hook on them and I missed about 5 opportunities. I hope to head back again next Sunday so if anyone would like to meet up PM me. I go surfing and surf fishing throughout the week so keep your eye out for my surf fishing reports. Tight lines amigos good luck out there. Oh yeah I was fishing the little inlet by sailboat cove where the boat launch is I walked about halfway down the trail and found a good spot where a tree was bent over providing shade in the water.

Bass Boy 14
06-08-2014, 10:32 PM
I feel your pain....hit the pudd tonight and finally caught one bass about 2lbs. Also got about a 1/2lb bluegill.

dday07
06-08-2014, 10:37 PM
was there couple days ago..lots of baitfish around and sunfish but no bass

AngryMinnow
06-09-2014, 05:15 AM
I feel your pain....hit the pudd tonight and finally caught one bass about 2lbs. Also got about a 1/2lb bluegill.

Nice going! What were you using as bait? If you would like to share if not it's cool. I love that place and I'm determined to conquer the Pudd. I've yet to catch a trout there though.

was there couple days ago..lots of baitfish around and sunfish but no bass

I had a lot of small bass chase my jerkbait but not really go after it wasn't until I made my way down the trail and found that spot where I saw the big LMB that I finally started getting some hits. I was also talking to that gentleman in a kayak when I got a really good bite but when I went to set the hook the fish broke off oh well I'll be back out there next weekend and hopefully do a little better.

Thomas D
06-09-2014, 05:39 PM
I was there sat , got 4 bass, and 1 crappie. My friend Dale got 4 bass. We caught five bass fishing dropshoted Zoom Tiny Brush Hogs. Three on black and blue jigs and the crappie was caught on a Duo Realis Spinbait 80 Ghost Gill. With the water being so dirty we like to use dark plastics. I did see a guy cacth 3 bass from shore and I think he was using a square bill. Good luck next week.