PDA

View Full Version : Another try at lake perris,

TED MILLS
06-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Hi guys tomorrow is Monday and I am going to give it a get go and fish the waters of Sail Cove, the water is in the seventies already this year and I am tired of wearing those wadders and two sets of Long Johns, I am ready and I hope the fish are.
Any advice will be taken, I like Sail Cove because I can park my SUV on the waters edge and go my merry way.
Do not try this if you do not have a Hany cap License or a card on your mirror.

Ok I will give you a report after I drink some cold cokes and cool down

See ya

Ted

BassinPLS
06-09-2014, 07:55 AM
Ted,

I just saw your post on Monday am. I went last Friday with a couple of buddies and you're right...you will not need your wades or long johns! The water temp was 76 degrees and 'even got into 77 degree water and that wasn't on the east end. The fishing was tuff for us. My one buddy picked up two on the tires using a green pumpkin / black flake Sweet Beaver. My other buddy picked up one on the tires as well; but nothing of any size, barely keepers. I picked up my only fish at the southwest corner along the dam at the buoy line on a Hula Grub and that was it. We all sucked!

I saw Pete Moreno on the Tires out there with a client, (I Believe). They pulled out of the tires and headed to the sw corner of the dam at the buoy line and they fished it for quite awhile. Pete then came over to the west side of the island where we were fishing. I asked him how they had done in the sw corner and he said "pretty good". So we decided to give it a try and headed over there. We didn't find any love...just my one shorty! We pulled off at 12:00 pm. There wasn't hardly any breeze, the bite sucked, (for us), and it was getting hot!

Good Luck to you. Hope you do better than we did Friday.

TED MILLS
06-09-2014, 01:15 PM
BassinPLS thanks for the post, it was warm there today and know fish, see you out there some time

Ted

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Do you ever catch any fish there?
BassinPLS thanks for the post, it was warm there today and know fish, see you out there some time

Ted

TED MILLS
06-10-2014, 05:41 AM
Yes I have but to know large sucess, it has its moment sometimes

ted

Des the trout killa
06-13-2014, 05:14 AM
Yes I have but to know large sucess, it has its moment sometimes

ted

Where is the tire reef?