PDA

View Full Version : New cal poly student needs help!

studlyfisherman
10-01-2007, 03:36 PM
hola everyone. im new to slo. I am itching to go fishing! i need to go! i was wondering where i should try. i have a car so i can drive. I was thinking of santa marg just because its close but any tips on any lakes would be awesome! I was alos wondering about the farm ponds all aroud, do they all hold lmb or whats the deal with the ponds? thanks alot for all the help! pm me if you want to keep your spots and tips secret than :) ks

Troutman65
10-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I am not sure of any fishing up that way. I would get in your car and go exploring. Stop by a tackel shop and ask some questions. Ask some locals up there. Look forward to reading your report.

Troutman65

one_leg
10-02-2007, 07:44 PM
You'd be better served by getting an english tutor......lol....j/k...sorta

I bet you miss your buddy, fishermanstu, already?

One_Leg

P.S. Try Lake Nacimiento for the white bass.

FishermanStu
10-02-2007, 08:09 PM
dog licker didnt you talk to abbassadeurhawg yet? or however you spell that

rusty6
10-03-2007, 10:03 AM
ambassaderhawg was up here last weekend, i was gunna go codding with him in moro bay but i broke my nose haha

Troutman65
10-03-2007, 02:07 PM

I bet you miss your buddy, fishermanstu, already?

One_Leg

P.S. Try Lake Nacimiento for the white bass.

Lake Nacimiento is a nice lake from what I have hear from a bro of mine that has camped there.

TM65

RotoSteve
10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Lake Lopez is a nice place to try as well.

johnsfishing
10-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Lake Lopez is a nice place to try as well.

ditto :banana:

FishermanStu
10-10-2007, 10:05 PM
uh o scott hahahahahaha. this guy, shoes

studlyfisherman
10-10-2007, 10:31 PM
hahaha stu is ugly! thanks for all the info guys

one_leg
10-11-2007, 03:13 PM

Birds of a feather.....lol.....j/k.....sorta

One_Leg

Brian_GSC
10-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Naci for sure! That lake rules.

ryanerb
10-15-2007, 08:26 PM
I go to poly and have lived in slo all my life. hit me up, maybe we can fish together. as for the fishing this time of the year, its probably a little bit slower.

FishermanStu
10-15-2007, 09:52 PM
there you go scotty your very own home grown fishing partner, dont go cheating on me now

who'syourmama
11-07-2007, 06:26 PM
welcome to the area poly guy. husband and i go to santa margarita almost every weekend. it's far better then lopez. unless you're in a boat, navigating the waters edge at lopez one might as well be a mountain goat! prior to getting our pontoon boat in june. we fished both location renting boats. santa margarita is far better for many reasons..1) you catch a heck of a lot more fish there (bass, trout, cat, bluegill). just this last weekend, i caught a 1.9 trout. 2) no skiers, jet skies, windsurfers. nothing against them, they just get in the way! 3) no wind
4) friendly and helpful staff and fellow fishermen/women.
good luck on your fishing trips and again..welcome, we'll love it here!
who'syourmama

zZaNg
11-11-2007, 08:19 AM

Birds of a feather.....lol.....j/k.....sorta

One_Leg

sorta

studlyfisherman
11-13-2007, 01:18 PM
hahaha you guys are so straight...sorta(pretend its small)...thats not a problem for stu by the way! WOW sometimes i really impress myself...i dont need to go on hahaha :lol:

one_leg
11-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Hey Stu, how's the fishing up there?...lol

O_L

FishermanStu
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
i am not the one that lives there. but it turns out i fish more there than scott

Granny Fish
11-13-2007, 10:00 PM

Maybe he was PWI (posting while intoxicated)? :wink: DITTO

studlyfisherman
11-14-2007, 01:01 AM
Stu dont get me started big fella...first of all everyone should know that stu played a awesome game as a sexy man of Servite against mater dei at Angel stadium...unfortunatley we lost but Stu played the oposite of how he fishes...very well! :offtopic: The rare nice thing ill ever say about stu, so that being said stu is ditching me on my birthday of fishing fun for practice. It hurts me deeply that i have to outfish stu one less day. tears

one_leg
11-14-2007, 08:20 AM
i am not the one that lives there. but it turns out i fish more there than scott

I know who you are, your buddy never answers my questions!
I also happen to know that you catch more fish than he does too!

O_L

studlyfisherman
11-14-2007, 04:18 PM
the only reason stu ever smells like fish is because i let him net mine. As for me catching fish...yea im pretty terrible...i would say i catch about 2 fish a year. :wink: but hey its better than stu 0-1 pescado.

FishermanStu
11-14-2007, 07:00 PM

I know who you are, your buddy never answers my questions!
I also happen to know that you catch more fish than he does too!

O_L

hahahahaha one leg speaks. it is final. haha you got nothing on me scott. im quality your quantity. we already know that. but in most cases i am all of the above. when you pull a bass out of the upper pond come talk to me. haha

FishermanStu
11-14-2007, 07:02 PM
o yeah and thats a different kind of fish that you always smell. not the netted ones.

studlyfisherman
11-15-2007, 12:23 PM
stweart i caught an 8 pounder outta there today! so dont talk....8 pounds of weeds :roll: im gona go out this weekend (no doubter) and ill let all you ladies and gentlemen know how i did. where? i dont know...where ever the pescado flock like the pelicans of capistrano.

FishermanStu
11-15-2007, 08:45 PM
scott your a homo. thats all there is to it

jeff4321
11-18-2007, 05:20 PM
get to the salt. I surf-fished up there a while ago it was WFO the whole time..

wrondogg
12-28-2007, 11:59 AM
I fish a lot of the local bass tourneys here. Margarita is my favorite lake as I seem to catch a 3-5 lber on just about every outing. I usually just throw three baits out there this time of year; swim baits, black and blue jigs, and rattle traps.

Lopez 'blows'...literally. It is really windy, however, the fishing is excellent in the spring and you can do pretty good with a boat in winter fishing creek channels in Whittenberg. A lot of people do really well on trout, crappie, and bluegill from shore there.

San Antonio is good year round. If you can find one smally, stick around in that spot and it's likely you'll catch at least 4 or 5 more. Stripers are excellent in the spring time and November at the gas docks. Largmouth are good up the river, cemetary cove, and Harris Creek if you don't have a boat.

Naci SUCKS right now. Don't even waste your time. The water level is down to 27% and all the local tournaments out there are weighting in 6-7lb bags....and yes that's a 5 fish limit!

I've fished a couple of the Cal Poly farm ponds years ago and caught a lot of fish, but they only get as big as about 3 lbs due to the small area and shallower water.

Hopes this helps...let me know what you've tried!

studlyfisherman
01-08-2008, 10:49 AM
cool i think im gona go out to santa marg this weekend and toss my bbz-1 for a while and maybe try the jig.

one_leg
01-08-2008, 09:58 PM
You buddy Stu says that you are the swimmait pro in them parts. Where are the pics?

WE WANT PICS!!!!!

studlyfisherman
01-09-2008, 06:53 PM
The pics need to be taken this friday morning when i go out to santa marg and pop a few beasts from shore on my day off and my bbz-1. Gosh college is rough! haha :banana:

J. Owen
01-26-2009, 12:31 PM
snata maria local to central coast if you want quanity go spoted bass at nacimiento if you want quality go margarita!!!
blue black jigs at naci flipin in the rocks
any shad crankbaits at margarita.... try to stick to any vegitation you can find the water is low but give it a try....
do you own a boat???