PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Carpinteria

xjchad
06-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Hello all,
I don't have much surf fishing experience yet, I've mostly fished mountain streams and lakes all my life.
I just started a new job in Carpinteria this week and I love it here!
I've done a ton of reading on here to learn about tackle and techniques and I think I'm as prepared as I can be in that area.
What I'd like some advise on is location (I'm not expecting secret favorite spots).
Where I'm working is on the corner of 6th Street and Linden right behind the park and a block from the beach.
I'm planning to head the that beach Monday morning before work, but is that a good beach to fish?
Any other local beaches that I need to try or have better action?
Thanks in advance!
Chad

Wingnut
06-13-2014, 05:44 PM
I've only fished Carpinteria a few times, but had pretty good success with mostly Perch there.
Caught a legal Halibut one time near the mouth of the inlet to the far right of the beach. Seen a lot of Leopard Sharks there too. Be careful not to fish right in front of the inlet, there are warning signs posted and you can get a big ticket.
Go early because later in the day when the swimmers shows up, the lifeguards will ask you to move away from the area. :Neutral:

There are other beaches near there too, try Santa Claus Lane, good luck! :Wink:

xjchad
06-17-2014, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the tips Wingnut!
I've been out a couple times now. Caught a mess of perch one morning and a small leo the next.
I think I'm beginning to like surf fishing better than anything else now :)