PDA

View Full Version : Never Forget Today

DEVOREFLYER
06-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Never forget June 6th is D Day and those that did not come home.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/home/video/frontlines-normandy-a-hero-returns

HawgZWylde
06-06-2014, 08:58 AM
I won't, my father who is still with us at 93 was one of those guys you see coming off those landing crafts. He went from there to the bowels of Germany and was there when they surrendered. He managed to survive it without serious injury though he did get grazed by bullets a couple of times. They truly were the greatest generation...

Stinkbait
06-06-2014, 03:29 PM
^^^ ..and he probly talks about it like no big deal. Tell him the guys from the fishing website thank him!

F__ !, imagine getting "grazed" by a 8 mm mouser. Sheeot! The graze that removes your entire deltoid or trapezius muscle is no bueno!

And other news, the last of the Navajo code talkers from WW2 just past.

fishinone
06-06-2014, 04:57 PM
I won't, my father who is still with us at 93 was one of those guys you see coming off those landing crafts. He went from there to the bowels of Germany and was there when they surrendered. He managed to survive it without serious injury though he did get grazed by bullets a couple of times. They truly were the greatest generation...

Thank your dad for us. He's one of the men who paid for our freedom.

TroutOnly
06-06-2014, 05:06 PM
pat youre father is a true hero , my father spent 4yrs island hopping and made it thru . I met a hero in line at Costco ,he had on a super cool vets hat on I asked him where he fought, he was on Omaha beach and was one of the ones blowing up the barbwire so they could get thru ,we were in a huge line . he told me a short compiling story that I already knew from the movies on it ,i asked if i could shake his hand and he did ,his wife almost started crying and she thanked me for kind young man ,i chuckled i was 57 yrs old . i couldn't even amagen going thru what they did,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

old pudd fisher
06-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Yep true hero's for sure, my dad served in WW 2 and would tell me stories about it. He passed away 2 years ago at age 97. Can you even imagine what these guys in the pic are thinking about, just moments before they hit the beach just look at them.44301

DEVOREFLYER
06-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Badass to the bone.

http://i.imgur.com/CqVprXN.jpg

Marley
06-06-2014, 08:01 PM

Please pass on a sincere "Thank you" from my family. He is a true hero and a national treasure.