PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lakes Wednesday Night 6/4/14

t&t
06-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Hey FNNers! First post in three years I think(second post ever). Still stoked about last night...lol!

Went out with my 13-year-old son and his two cousins last night. Got to the lake at 4:45pm. Bought 3 boxes of nightcrawlers and 1 box of Whoop *** cut mackeral in garlic and olive oil. I usually fish from the shore. We decided to rent a boat for the first time ever since coming here.

Got to the middle of the lake(parellel to the boat launch). Lines in the water by 5:15pm. Started off with no bites at all until about 6:15. My nephew, whom never fished before, reeled in his line and unsure if he had fish on or not. About 4ft from the boat, we can see that it was a catfish. He tries to lift the fish onto the boat. Well, the line snapped. Fish gone. No other action so we decided to move closer to shore(100ft from where we were).

As the sun started to set, the action was hot. We kept getting hits every ten minutes. I was so busy helping the kids with their rig, I didn't have time to reel in my catch. The kids took turns experiencing the thrill of reeeling in fish.

We figured nightcrawlers weren't working and switched to only mackeral. In all, we hauled in 10 cats and lost 4 due to overzealous kids. It was a great outing and look forward to doing it again soon. Kids had a great time!

Thanks for reading.

fisherman951
06-05-2014, 05:56 PM
way to get the kids on the fish. The best days sometimes are when we don't even fish, just enjoy seeing the kids smile when they are reeling in a fish