PDA

View Full Version : FC4 Under Construction

Socal Bassman
10-01-2007, 02:44 PM
This is more or less where I'm at right now with putting the rod holder and fishfinder mount set up on the FC4. Still need to attach the downleg for the transducer, paint, and run the wiring through the PVC.

The string on the bottom of the rod holders will be replaced my a bungee cord, so I still have to cut slits for where the bungee cord will go through.
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Sideview.jpg

RAM mount attached to PVC.
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/IMG00093.jpg

At the helm.
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/IMG00092.jpg

Ronira
10-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Now that's sweet SoCal, the location of the ram mount looks perfect. On the side away from your casting hand and high enough for good visibility without getting in the way of all those fish you catch. Looking forward to seeing how you mount your transducer. I'm logging this stuff for when I change my FF situation. Like it bud, looks good.

Ray Lopez
10-01-2007, 05:28 PM
wow that looks awesome bro.

and to think all i have so far is a stoooopid rod holder i bought from bps on Friday hahahahaaa :lol:

vanillagurilla
10-01-2007, 05:32 PM
i think im gona invest in a fish cat 4 and some waders :) lookin good bassman

Ray Lopez
10-01-2007, 05:44 PM
lol i feel like a dork i'm very jelouse of your mod socal that thing just look soooo damn sick. *drools*

bassguy
10-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Looking good mr SoCal...Looks like you put alot of thought into the design. I have to agree with Rez, I would angle the rod holder out a few degrees, mine is straight up and can get in the way. When you were younger, you must have built some cool stuff out tinker toys...lol. I do like where you mouted the fish finder, easy visibility. Great job.

Fisher-of-Men
10-01-2007, 09:07 PM
So Cal....................you put that together very well. :appl:

I did construction for 12 yrs and I know good craftsmanship when I see it. You're one heck of a mechanic! :wink:

Fisher-of-Men

Socal Bassman
10-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks for all the compliments everyone. I actually didn't think it was gonna turn out good since it seems like I'm better at taking things apart and not knowing how to put it together again :lol:.

Z-TUNAKILLER
10-01-2007, 09:40 PM
HEY NOW, VERY NICE socal....... looks GREAT...

you may want to put a gusset on that PVC elbow that connects to your fish finder, so it will not brake, i know its suppose to float ?

Z

FISH ON !

Fisher-of-Men
10-02-2007, 05:21 AM
That may be a good idea in the long run. :) :idea: I was thinking that if you inserted small cut-offs of PVC pipe into the T; back your screws out, and then drill into it again. The added cut-offs will double the layer you have to attach to.

Fisher-of-Men

matt duarte
10-02-2007, 07:08 AM
holy crap socal! you went all out on the fish finder didn't you! that thing is sweet!

looks awesome bro! now I need one for my toon! but I think my wife would kill me if I came home with something like that :lol: I'm going for the walmart special :lol:

tacklejunkie
10-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Lookin' good socal :wink:

Socal Bassman
10-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the tips Z and Fisher-Of-Men. I was thinking of some type of brace on the elbow or just upgrading the crossbar and the short vertical bar leading to the finder to the thicker schedule 40 PVC. That part isn't glued yet, so I can mess with it some more.

Hey Matt, if you think this finder is sweet, you should've seen my first pick :lol:. But for the money, I think this one will be tough to beat for the amount of features it has. Also, there's nothing wrong with that Wal-Mart special Eagle 168. I was actually thinking about that unit because of the price and the amount of reviews I've read. Not to mention how quickly those were flying off the shelf when BPS first opened.

shy_boxer
10-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Socal your float ride is PIMP! Nice job, bro!

Jimdh
10-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Just a thought. Where you have the elbow going to your fish finder put in a union before that. It will allow for a swivel. The swivel could be to move the FF out of the wy as you fight a larger fish or to move the FF closer for you to read if you want.

I like your ride it is a sweeeeeeeeeeet set up.