PDA

View Full Version : NPH...Please help!!

Piss on Myspace
06-04-2014, 01:04 AM
Greetings my fellow fishing peeps. So I owe my buddies a solid for taking me out for my bday and paying for EVERYTHING!! :Beer Toast:We have plans of fishing newport harbor this Saturday and i was thinking of renting a 14 ft from pavilion skiff outta daveys locker. Brass tax is I've never really fished the salt besides a cattle boat and am more of a back country trout and lmb guy. I was thinking of hitting up the barge for a scoop or two, hopefully for a guaranteed fish, if there is such a thing lol. Unfortunately that's where our game plan begins and ends...we hope to get there by 8 am and fish till 5. basically I was looking for suggestions on rigs, line/weight size, locations or any other tips that may help them get on some fish. Not really looking for a specific spot or dock but maybe general areas that will produce better with a specific tide. If you feel more comfortable thru pm that would be great as well...thanks in advance fnn...tight lines and full tails

Also, we'll be staying at the Hyatt Regency and will probably be night fishing by the bridge so any tips for that would be great as well. Thanks again fellas

Cheers
-dave

The_Dude
06-04-2014, 08:33 AM
if you are going to rent a skiff then yes, definitely hit the bait barge up for some live bait. With a boat the possibilities are endless, however I would try out by the jetty fishing live bait. I have heard that the PCH bridge by boat is also a good place to fish for halibut as well.

For bass, if you are using live bait I would say go with a fly line with maybe a 1/4 oz bullet weight or egg sinker to get the bait towards the bottom around the docks and mooring buoys

Piss on Myspace
06-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Hey thanks dude. I've actually been seeing your posts which has been an inspiration to get out there. Thanks for all the detailed reports brotha. I plan on using the hammers and possibly even my 6wt fly to strip some clousers for the bass. I'd love to get my buddies and I on our first halibut. Thanks for the tip...any recommendations on line size?

Any more suggestions from ya olé salty dogs??

Thanks guys

The_Dude
06-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Just sent ya a PM

Piss on Myspace
06-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Replied....thanks dude