PDA

View Full Version : Still cant eat the fish from Silverwood!

TwistedOrder
06-02-2014, 10:05 PM
DFG continues to remind us that we cannot consume any of the fish from silverwood unless they are rainbow trout because of high PCB and mercury levels in the fish flesh and skin.
Be safe guys, Catch em and throw em back!

You can find the chart of safe levels here: http://www.oehha.ca.gov/fish/so_cal/pdf_zip/081013KioskadvySilverwood.pdf#sthash.s1l24E85.dpuf

flybynight
06-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Thay's Bull-Pucky !

Viejo
06-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Thay's Bull-Pucky !

That's interesting. Care to elaborate on your declaration?

bassmeister
06-03-2014, 07:15 PM
That's interesting. Care to elaborate on your declaration?

He would elaborate on his declaration, but the white Croaker he caught at Cabrillo beach would burn in the hot oil on the stove!

alexgee926
06-03-2014, 10:51 PM
That's y u catch and release those mercury filled fish

DarkShadow
06-04-2014, 01:26 PM
That's y u catch and release those mercury filled fish

Mercury is what gives the fish its flavor.

TwistedOrder
06-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Mercury is what gives the fish its flavor.

and turns you into a human thermometer.

DarkShadow
06-04-2014, 02:42 PM
and turns you into a human thermometer.

#yolo.....

larry626
06-11-2014, 10:48 AM
How about Striped Bass from Castaic Lake??? I was able to find a similar warning from Pyramid lake but not Castaic. Thanks

DFG continues to remind us that we cannot consume any of the fish from silverwood unless they are rainbow trout because of high PCB and mercury levels in the fish flesh and skin.
Be safe guys, Catch em and throw em back!

You can find the chart of safe levels here: http://www.oehha.ca.gov/fish/so_cal/pdf_zip/081013KioskadvySilverwood.pdf#sthash.s1l24E85.dpuf

fishing_freak
06-11-2014, 02:23 PM
mecury or not there was a lot of people fishing there is past weekend luckily i was able to get a spot

seal
06-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Viejo question for ya. Do you really believe that a few of the smaller mercury sticks for a male adult, in the latter 1/2 of life, not planning on any baby making is going to be affected?

I wouldn't feed it to young un's or prego's and if under 40 or so I wouldn't eat them multiple times a week but I just don't believe that us old dudes have much to worry about as long as we're not mowing down on striper 5 days a week.

And please don't throw the little ones back!!!!!! Please give them to an enemy or the stray cat you've been trying to get rid of. Thin the herd or it's going to be mini city forever!

TwistedOrder
06-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Viejo question for ya. Do you really believe that a few of the smaller mercury sticks for a male adult, in the latter 1/2 of life, not planning on any baby making is going to be affected?

I wouldn't feed it to young un's or prego's and if under 40 or so I wouldn't eat them multiple times a week but I just don't believe that us old dudes have much to worry about as long as we're not mowing down on striper 5 days a week.

And please don't throw the little ones back!!!!!! Please give them to an enemy or the stray cat you've been trying to get rid of. Thin the herd or it's going to be mini city forever!

That's probably true, I wouldn't worry unless you have small (Or plan to have) children.