PDA

View Full Version : HB Pier - 9/30 - No Bugs

CoffeaRobusta
10-01-2007, 01:34 PM
GF and I had one hoop net out baited with sardine, a little bit of mackerel, and a chunck off a humboldt squid that someone gave us. Nothing in the net except small swimming crabs. Although one time we pulled up a crab (sheep crab I think - it was dark!) with hook and line baited with a chunk of that squid but it let go as soon as it came out of the water. Another group was out there with 10 nets but they didn't have any love either (Sat or Sunday they said). Oh well, at least we caught a few fish with our rods (2 thornbacks and one YFC). Oh yeah - at the end of the evening we dumped our remaining sardines over and as they flaoted on the surface we watched them get picked off one by one as somethign grabbed them from below - it was like Jaws man!

I did catch a lobster here about 1.5 months ago so I was hoping it would produce again now that we are in season, but dang, ain't that a bum deal? I wonder if any other piers would be productive? It's too risky to toss a hoop off the jetties. Sucks to not have a boat or kayak. Maybe I need to get scuba certified. 8)

kingjester13
10-01-2007, 02:06 PM
My son and I hooped Belmont pier for 8 hrs on Sat. for no love. two weeks before, we caught a 8# lobster on a fishing line but I threw it back. come to find out that all the raza have been poaching them for the last month... :shock: Poachers Suck.

Better luck next time,
KJ13 8)

Troutman65
10-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Sorry you got no love on the bugs.

Thanks for the report.

Troutman65