PDA

View Full Version : Eric Hagen lands a 50 Lb Blue - 1 week before the Opener!

vineline
05-31-2014, 01:18 PM
Good afternoon FNN:
The big cats are definately on the chew even before the Catfish Opener.
Today at 12:30 pm Eric Hagen caught the fish of a lifetime at Rocky Point.

Check this out:

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/Irvine_Lake/GEDC0020_zpsc6e3f065.jpg (http://s1088.photobucket.com/user/Irvine_Lake/media/GEDC0020_zpsc6e3f065.jpg.html)

50 lb Blue caught and released by Eric Hagen of Santa Ana!!
Congratulations Eric!
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/Irvine_Lake/GEDC0025_zpsc1f13e7d.jpg

(http://s1088.photobucket.com/user/Irvine_Lake/media/GEDC0025_zpsc1f13e7d.jpg.html)http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/Irvine_Lake/GEDC0021_zps1cff55d3.jpg (http://s1088.photobucket.com/user/Irvine_Lake/media/GEDC0021_zps1cff55d3.jpg.html)

Epic day for Eric the smile says it all.

p.s. The Giant Blue was named Bubbles upon it's release.

See ya next time Bubbles!

Tight Lines everyone
Vineline

Fishingkid97
05-31-2014, 01:53 PM
Congrats Eric nice fish. Those guys put there time and effort in for sure.

PONTOON
05-31-2014, 02:10 PM
Congratulations Eric! :Cool:

I got the call from Trolly and got to hear the play by play live! Almost as good as being there.......

You put a lot of work and time in and you have been rewarded for it. Congratulations and well deserved!:Thumbs Up:

GdHkSet1
05-31-2014, 03:28 PM
Job well done on landing that beast. Must have been a cool fight. what's the blue record at Irvine anyway?

etucker1959
05-31-2014, 04:57 PM
Job well done on landing that beast. Must have been a cool fight. what's the blue record at Irvine anyway?
89 lbs caught by Ronson Smothers.

5150fishn
05-31-2014, 05:27 PM
Heard a on the water report from Trolly and Rooster! Sweet my brotha! Congrats Eric on that beast! You have definatly put in the time bro.

Rooster
05-31-2014, 06:47 PM
This was the best day at the lake I ever had. Having a front row seat watching this fight for nearly 1 hour was so awesome.
Me and Trolly were rooting Guide on the whole way.
I knew Guide was a great angler as proven by his catmasters results but the way he fought this battle is something this angler will never forget. It kinda went like this. Get 2 turns on the reel and watch it take 30 yards. EPIC! Great meeting you today and cant wait to fish by you again buddy! Congrats on the Cat of a lifetime!

guide
05-31-2014, 08:03 PM
thanks vineline. a fish of a lifetime.

guide
05-31-2014, 08:04 PM
thanks fishingkid97. finally after fishing at Irvine for 30 years.

Congrats Eric nice fish. Those guys put there time and effort in for sure.

guide
05-31-2014, 08:05 PM
I still feel like im in a dream. thanks pontoon.

I got the call from Trolly and got to hear the play by play live! Almost as good as being there.......

You put a lot of work and time in and you have been rewarded for it. Congratulations and well deserved!:Thumbs Up:

guide
05-31-2014, 08:06 PM
this next weekend I will probably not get a bite. that's how it works.

Heard a on the water report from Trolly and Rooster! Sweet my brotha! Congrats Eric on that beast! You have definatly put in the time bro.

guide
05-31-2014, 08:08 PM
thanks rooster. I would say I get lucky sometimes. I cant wait to hang out again. it was a pleasure meeting you.

This was the best day at the lake I ever had. Having a front row seat watching this fight for nearly 1 hour was so awesome.
Me and Trolly were rooting Guide on the whole way.
I knew Guide was a great angler as proven by his catmasters results but the way he fought this battle is something this angler will never forget. It kinda went like this. Get 2 turns on the reel and watch it take 30 yards. EPIC! Great meeting you today and cant wait to fish by you again buddy! Congrats on the Cat of a lifetime!

troutdog
05-31-2014, 08:18 PM
What an awesome fish, congrats Guide!

See you on the water

TD

muskyman
05-31-2014, 08:49 PM
Hey man, nice fish dude. Keep it up. Good luck this summer

TaperSteve
05-31-2014, 09:33 PM
Long time no see way to go buddy!

reelgurlzfish
06-01-2014, 07:02 AM
very awesome congrats !!

reelgurlzfish
06-01-2014, 07:46 AM
I would pay to hear Trolly's play by play LoL

trollmiester
06-01-2014, 08:30 AM
i am still out of breath. well saturday morning i was catching makrael. popntoon was a bit under the weather.got a call from rooster he said he was wide open and come on out. i said do u see anybody?. he says yes guide is there. good because i fished with him last week and took his cutting board by accident,this will give me a chance to give it back. i arrived at 10.30 headed straight to guide. i showed him his mackrael cutting. i showed him that i licked it for luck before handeing it to him.i know gross,but you have to be superstious sometimes. guides friend farmed to big fish. the guides hooks up and i looked at his smile and knew this was no ordinary bendo.i called everybody,including the tackle store and told them to video it and bring a sacle.now i knew i was not counting the chickens before they hatch.got pontoon on the horn and i would say--three cranks and 30 yards of drag peeling out.rod tip in water.stuff like that,now the patrol was filing,my phone almost dead with pontoon on live.i heard i see bubbles.kept yelling at guide and said are you allright. he say trolly my arms are soar. after 45 minutes plus the net man captured the beast. it looked like a baby seal.daniele came out and weighed and it was named bubbles. guide took extreme car in releasing it. me and rooster did want to fish anymore.we had the best time in our life. he offered me a cigarete after wards. i took and hell i do not smoke.what a nice relief to seeing a quality guy like guide catch that beauty. way to go buudy se you in the water. you are truly one of the good guys.

guide
06-01-2014, 12:19 PM
thanks troutdog. im pretty sure I will see you this weekend.

What an awesome fish, congrats Guide!

See you on the water

TD

guide
06-01-2014, 12:20 PM
thanks muckyman. we all have our days. I knew it was my day when I was back in the flats and caught another nice blue on my first cast.

Hey man, nice fish dude. Keep it up. Good luck this summer

guide
06-01-2014, 12:21 PM
thanks taper

Long time no see way to go buddy!

guide
06-01-2014, 12:21 PM
thanks RGF

very awesome congrats !!

guide
06-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Trolly you are a special guy and can put a smile on anybody's face. you are my lucky charm. the funny thing is my buddy had 2 or 3 just as big hooked up but lost them. see you next weekend in that other spot we found.

i am still out of breath. well saturday morning i was catching makrael. popntoon was a bit under the weather.got a call from rooster he said he was wide open and come on out. i said do u see anybody?. he says yes guide is there. good because i fished with him last week and took his cutting board by accident,this will give me a chance to give it back. i arrived at 10.30 headed straight to guide. i showed him his mackrael cutting. i showed him that i licked it for luck before handeing it to him.i know gross,but you have to be superstious sometimes. guides friend farmed to big fish. the guides hooks up and i looked at his smile and knew this was no ordinary bendo.i called everybody,including the tackle store and told them to video it and bring a sacle.now i knew i was not counting the chickens before they hatch.got pontoon on the horn and i would say--three cranks and 30 yards of drag peeling out.rod tip in water.stuff like that,now the patrol was filing,my phone almost dead with pontoon on live.i heard i see bubbles.kept yelling at guide and said are you allright. he say trolly my arms are soar. after 45 minutes plus the net man captured the beast. it looked like a baby seal.daniele came out and weighed and it was named bubbles. guide took extreme car in releasing it. me and rooster did want to fish anymore.we had the best time in our life. he offered me a cigarete after wards. i took and hell i do not smoke.what a nice relief to seeing a quality guy like guide catch that beauty. way to go buudy se you in the water. you are truly one of the good guys.

See Chris Fish
06-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Congrats Eric!!!!
WOW!! What a fish!!!

crappiemike
06-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Now I know where all the lake crappie been going ,,
In bubbles stomach...

Nice catch for sure....

Cm

Hitts0n
06-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Ooowwwwnnnniiinnngggggggg!! Congrats guide! See you out there !!

Stinkbait
06-02-2014, 12:41 AM
Was that a gash or a leaf on its head?
A rental hitting that fish with its prop would sink it. Hah!

johnnyraptor
06-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Congrats!!
What bait and set up was used to land "Bubbles"?
Was fishing there on Friday and got no bites at Rocky point.

guide
06-02-2014, 01:44 PM
this fish received 3 wounds during our fight. I believe they were from it trying to roll on the bottom and break me off.

Was that a gash or a leaf on its head?
A rental hitting that fish with its prop would sink it. Hah!

guide
06-02-2014, 01:46 PM
this fish was caught on my secret bait. im sorry but I cant tell anybody. I know some guys that know me think they know what it is but they are wrong.

Congrats!!
What bait and set up was used to land "Bubbles"?
Was fishing there on Friday and got no bites at Rocky point.

Rooster
06-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Video of the release ! I think I hear Trolly :LOL:

Well done Guide :Applause: BTW If I remember correctly the Kitty weighed in at 52lbs ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nlA0NNeEG8

troutdog
06-02-2014, 04:32 PM
this fish was caught on my secret bait. im sorry but I cant tell anybody. I know some guys that know me think they know what it is but they are wrong.

I told you the kittys love purple powerbait! :Big Grin:

TD

Hometown
06-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Congrats Eric see You this weekend I hope

Hitts0n
06-03-2014, 10:39 AM

Oysters n Pink Kool aid I seen it in his boat !!

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
06-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Great job!! I need to be out there catching. I love Irvine, it is one of the best lakes!!