PDA

View Full Version : Crowley trolling report 5/30

billy b
05-31-2014, 11:07 AM
What a gorgeous day ... lake was like glass ... once in a long while breeze ... 70's

Okay ... get to the report. We got em ... once we found them. Locked in at 4-5 colors ... using Tasmanians ... frog ... bleeding frog ... etc.

20 fish between my wife and I. She got off the boat exhausted ... but with a BIG smile on her face. Wish I knew how to upload pics from my phone.

Started with 2 brownies ... 1 pound plus. Then a whole mess of 1.5 to 2.5 pound brownies and cuts. Only one rbow ... surprisingly. Of course we did CPR on the 20 and some LDR on a few others. Kept a couple of the Cutts for eating. They sure were beautiful ... fat cutts ... probably only a year in the lake ... but nice pink meat. Everybody else seemed to be slow ... trolling or still fishing ... except for the midgers with chomonoids (sp?) on guide boats.

FWIW ... there was a guy who caught a 3.5 rainbow off Alligator Point ... also using T Devils.

Gosh that's a great lake ... when the wind behaves itself. We beat feet about noon just as the breeze started coming up.

CPR Guide service is great guy. He writes the trolling reports for Crowley Fish Camp. (760) 934-8348 ... if you're interested

"I'll be back!"

Matt44
05-31-2014, 11:23 AM
Once you find them they dont stop biting if you're using the right stuff! If you have a boat get yourself a leadcore setup!!!

billy b
05-31-2014, 12:13 PM
I've had lead core for about 40 years it seems. I wonder about buying a boat ... it might be cheaper ... and a whole lot easier to rent ... not keep it up ... store it ... and launch it (tough for an oldtimer)

BTW ... we could meter them like crazy ... but had to move around to find where they were biting. We had about 3 ... maybe four for the first half of the morning.
Then about 15+ for the next couple of hours ... plus the LDR's

Anybody ever heard if a pontoon boat hurts the fishing. I'm seeming to recall reports about fish being spooked by seeing a boat ... let alone a pontoon?

BackReel909
05-31-2014, 10:16 PM
Nice work...What exactly is LDR?

billy b
06-01-2014, 10:57 AM
It's an old term from this board ... somebody was having fun with

It's "Long Distance Release" ... the ones that got away ,>)

Sierra_Smitty
06-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Glad to hear you whacked 'em Bill. Congrats to you and the wife.

fishinone
06-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Let Dummy Reel! LOL

billy b
06-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Let Dummy Reel! LOL

HUH ???

Care to explain?

TroutOnly
06-22-2014, 09:20 AM
im glad you and pan had fun billy,,,,,,,,,downriggers matt , the lead is ok but hooked strait up on lite line is awesome........................T/O.............the leadcore kills the fight of the fish.............

Matt44
06-22-2014, 01:22 PM
I agree with you bob, it does kill fight of the fish...once you get to your top shot is when you feel them. I bought a downrigger for my boat right at the end of last lesson...still getting used to it, love having it though and being able to get down deep for those elusive brownies!