PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Night time NPH bass?

Ifishtoolittle
05-30-2014, 10:04 PM
Ello' people. I'm going to hit up NPH tomorrow with my buddy from sunset to midnight. This is the first time that I've seriously tried for bass at night. May I ask for some guidance? I'm planning to throw 6lb with T-rigged worms, chigger craws, and perhaps a crank or two. I have some swimbaits, but I've never had a very high catch rate with them. All I'm going for tomorrow is numbers. Size is a consideration, but it doesn't matter too much. Thanks people.

-IF2L

ela
05-30-2014, 11:21 PM
Ello' people. I'm going to hit up NPH tomorrow with my buddy from sunset to midnight. This is the first time that I've seriously tried for bass at night. May I ask for some guidance? I'm planning to throw 6lb with T-rigged worms, chigger craws, and perhaps a crank or two. I have some swimbaits, but I've never had a very high catch rate with them. All I'm going for tomorrow is numbers. Size is a consideration, but it doesn't matter too much. Thanks people.

-IF2L Nice seeing you at legg today. Did you get more bluegills?

Ifishtoolittle
05-30-2014, 11:32 PM
lol I was kind of scratching my head wondering who you were. I figured you were from the FNN. I ended the day after I last talked to you. lol no more freshwater for me for a few weeks. The bite is still not that good for my taste.

USCisbeast22
05-31-2014, 10:03 AM
Try throwing the 3" Big Hammer in black widow color on a 1/4 oz black jighead. Those have worked well for me at night. And of course just flip as close to the docks as possible, or wherever you see a sign sticking up out of the water that says "end of storm drain".

Ifishtoolittle
05-31-2014, 03:12 PM
Thanks. I'll be sure to post a report of whether we skunk or catch a few.

ela
05-31-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks. I'll be sure to post a report of whether we skunk or catch a few.

I was out there today 5-31-14 fished south lake. Nothing Nada !!!

smokehound
06-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Black lures for sure. though in some portions of the bay, particularly during the ever-so common overcast conditions at night, a neon white lure can be just as effective, especially around areas where a light is shining into the water.

make sure to drag your lure slowly across the bottom, if using grubs, no twitching necessary, just give it slack, let it hit the bottom, and slowly drag. Spotties are bottom-feeders, sometimes even diving into soft muck to grab bivalves.

evosamurai
06-03-2014, 08:34 PM
try and get some gitzit tube baits, work well for me, 1/8 oz jig head