PDA

View Full Version : Following up Arthurs awesome catch. SWAT Ghost Hunting!

exfactor
05-28-2014, 09:04 PM
I needed to redeem myself for my somewhat passive effort from this weekend, and, knowing there was an opportunity for a sea bass, have
returned to the promised land a few times with both Bill WWo, and Brad, on two separate occasions. I first endeavor found still great conditions,
but no love for our window with Bill. the second time, brad met me down at the spot around 6:30 after work. conditions were still very good, and
we started our pursuit. I wasn't finding any love where I was looking, so went and tried a new area by where we were, that i hadn't tried before.
Brad went the other direction. I'm casting away, and get slammed hard by a nice fish. I'm waving to Brad, and trying to get his attention, but the
waves were drowning out my cries. I work this bad boy in after a short fight, and start walking back to my pack. I finally get Brad's attention (he saw
the fish lol) and we measure and photo it. Now he's fired up, and i tell him to go back to the right. The fish measured 29 inches, so for sure a keeper.
I cast out some more, and get slammed again, only to have the fish unbutton on me, doh. Then one last chance on a good bite results in a nice perch
for my day. Brad never got an opportunity, but is now alot more inclined to save the perch for a later date lol. Oh, and perchin Dave went tonite. He
did hook one, but was owned by the fish on his 8# setup. I'll add the pic of my fish in a bit, and I'm finally on the boards for our SWAT challenge board.http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j249/exfactor1/photocopy2.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/user/exfactor1/media/photocopy2.jpg.html)

anchor3n1
05-28-2014, 09:28 PM
Mike

Wow!!! way to go. Good job on the perseverance and the big payoff.

best,

Nick

5150fishn
05-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Congrats on going back to the scene of the crime and locking up your target prisoner! Thanks for the report and pic!!

crappiemike
05-28-2014, 10:32 PM
Nice fish mikey!!!
Sounds like there's more to be had,,,

Cm

skunked4life
05-29-2014, 06:30 AM
Master Yoda,

Congrats on the amazing follow-up to Master Wingnut's ghost! A legal ghost is on my very short list for 2014 and I can't seem to get anything other than halibut! :ROFL: Hope that the next time I am up there, you will give me a second chance at fishing with you (again, sorry about last time). Hope that Brad and Dave get their's on too!

Ken

trollmiester
05-29-2014, 08:08 AM
man that's a nice looking fish.the colors are amazeing.good report thanx for shareing.

TUNAVIC
05-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Nice WSB,always cool to hear when you guys get them from the surf,very nice!

Cya Tuna Vic

troutdog
05-29-2014, 10:05 AM
Nice going out there, nice fish!

TD

TroutOnly
05-29-2014, 10:51 AM
NICE CATCH MIKE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,

Which Way Out
05-29-2014, 09:08 PM
Long walks get you to water that's ripe for the pickin's.

Nice fish Mike.

WWO

bachiboy
05-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Very nicely done Mikey! Now that's getting on the board with style!:Wink:

Don

blackwater
05-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Arthur was telling me how determined you were to slay a Ghost and you came through. :Razz:
Looks like things have finally heat up in the northern zone. Been a couple of years since I fished up there.
Keep up the fine job Yoda. :Thumbs Up:

bones
05-31-2014, 03:16 PM
Doesn't get much better than that Mikey.Congrats on putting the legal WSB on the leaderboard. Exactly a tie with Robert is funny since he is the southern flank and you are the northern.....Ironic just a bit..LOL
Arthurs doesn't count :ROFL: He is the golden boy :ROFL:
LOL about Dave.....8lb test REALLY? What is he trying to do? .... set an IGFA record or something :ROFL:

Jaysuuun
05-31-2014, 10:30 PM
Mikey congrats on joining the leaderboard. I too am still looking to slay my first legal WSB. I like the "Ghostly" pic. SPOOOOOOKKKYY!! LOL

Nipple Twister
06-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Nicely done Mikey, hard to match anything golden boy,.......I, I, I mean Arthur does (Bones started it), but I think you nailed it........

Thx for the ride.....

murrieta angler
06-07-2014, 06:38 AM
Awesome job with the WSB Mikey...:Cool:
Arturo had sent me a text, telling me the cool news and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
Good to see things are getting fishy up there.
I'll be expecting more sweet reports in the near future.
Take Care,
Robert
<><

Wingnut
06-07-2014, 02:58 PM
After my lucky catch, I saw the gleam in your eyes Mikey... :Wink:
I knew right then that you were going to go on a search and destroy mission. :Twisted:
Mission accomplished! :Big Grin: Hope to fish with you again soon my friend. :Cool:

AngryMinnow
06-07-2014, 05:15 PM
Nice WSB! great perserverance and the reward was even greater!