FKNChristopH
05-28-2014, 12:34 PM
Short Report:
25 Anglers
Boat totals: 130+ yellowfin, 40 Bluefin, handful of rat yellows
My bag: 13 YFT, 3 BFT, 1 YT
Water conditions: Clean blue water
Equipment:
50# bait set up:Performance tackle wrapped Phenix PHD 760XH / Talica 10II 80# izorline brutally strong spectra to 50# blue label fluoro / #50 seaguar fluoro
40# Megabait set up: Performance tackle wrapped Phenix PHD 760H / Shimano Trinidad 16 / 65# izorline Brutally strong spectra to 40# XXX izorline copolymer / Megabait 4.5oz Green Mack, Owner 4x hooks
30# bait set up: Performance tackle wrapped Phenix PSW 809XHJ / Shimano trinidad 14/ Izorline 65# brutally strong spectra / 30# seaguar fluorocarbon / Owner Gorilla Light 4/0 hook

Long Report:
Left friday from Seaforth with the boat already loaded up with nice dine's, chovy, and mackerel. We put the troll rods out around 0830 and got a jig strike not too long after that. We had one thing in mind. Get down south, fast. We kept on trucking and with some jig stops of yellowfin in between, we finally got to the grounds. We found multiple schools but none of them really stuck with us until the afternoon. We had some good drifts with fish that wanted to play. I kept pulling hooks and losing fish to stupid mistakes *trying to bounce a YFT on a 10' rod* lol. I ended the day with 6 yellowfin and 0 bluefin. We had 2 bluefin on the boat on saturday that were pretty good size.. around 50-60#s.

Sunday:
I woke up early to hear some minor screams so I went out and started soaking a bait. Wind was up and it was chilly. I battled the cold for a while and finally got bit. At first I thought I was tangled with some guys fish then I realized that my fish was running when his fish wasnt. So I put the bad boy in gear and pulled tight. After a good 15 second run on 30# it broke me off. Not too later after that I get bit on 40# and land a 30# class bluefin. It was a plunker bite in the morning which died a little after sunrise. I was able to land 3 bluefin during the morning bite. We started trolling towards home a little after 10 and we had multiple stops on the way up. We even started running and gunning chasing dolphin. Megabait was the goto bait for the yellowfin. I outfished bait 2-1 with this thing. I was able to drop my bait back faster after a jig strike and keep it in the zone. If I didnt have owner 4x hooks, I would of straightened out at least 3 stock hooks this trip. These things were all over it.

I had a blast on the trip, met some cool people and got some good footage. I will be back. These guys worked hard and Chef Jason was absolutely killing it in the galley. I was never hungry, and I eat A LOT.
I love the layout on the boat. and it rode good. Little rocky on the drift sock but that was expected. Other than that, I give the boat 4.5 stars only because its a little to high to bounce fish LOL.

Enjoi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFWBfiaUO4g

*shakka*

tamddo714
05-28-2014, 09:00 PM
nice video!! way to go out there

crappiemike
05-28-2014, 10:51 PM
I might just stop crappie fishing,LOL....

Nice kill on them tunas!

Cm

jaggerbub
05-29-2014, 08:40 AM
Looks like it's off to a great start for the tuna season. Nice job getting that tangle out at the 10 min mark!

troutdog
05-29-2014, 09:26 AM
Great video and report....keep'em coming!

TD

DockRat
05-29-2014, 06:45 PM
Great video and report....keep'em coming!
TD

X2, Keep them coming. Another great trip.
THNX DR

waaak1
05-30-2014, 11:30 AM
Looks like you killed it again. Great video