PDA

View Full Version : Adventures of teamtrolltoon at Lake ISABELLA

trollmiester
05-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Left the house at two thirty in the morning, no traffic. stopped at Dunkin Donuts for coffee and gas across the street. Thanx pontoon for the fill up. Arrived at the lake at six and launched at the main ramp. lake has plenty of water and it was easy to launch. Last month we launched at south lake by reds marina. we trolled four pound test on four rods with Rapalas and Lucky Crafts. Once we were in 22 feet and up it was on. Double hookups with crappie averaging 14 inches and small trout. We caught fish even in the wind. Had a blast but I think we drank too may ice coffees. Stopped along side some campers and gave fish away so they could have a nice dinner for memorial day weekend. Caught more fish and decided to leave a wide open bite at one o-clock. Iced down the fish we had left over. We decided to go home and not fish the next day because how could we top off the day we had. Drove home and stopped at Weed Patch for some great tacos off a food truck. We were laughing so hard on the drive home we were home before we new it. Thanx pontoon for being a good friend for the last 11 years, we had a blast. Decided to go the Irvine next two days. Thanx cutbait and t.o. for some intel. Thanx FNN readers for reading and hope you had a good memorial day.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/140525%20Isabella_Irvine/IMG_1771.jpg
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/140525%20Isabella_Irvine/IMG_1769.jpg

Nipple Twister
05-27-2014, 04:10 PM
TEAM TROLLTOON SLAYS'EM ........no matter where it's at!

Nice job gentlemen, thanks for sharing Chris.........I've seen the pics already too......AWESOME...:Thumbs Up:

fishinone
05-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Nice job on the catching fellas!

Crappie aren't as bad as they sound! LOL

5150fishn
05-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Glad to hear Team Trolltoon had a great day on the water despite the wind! It doesn't really matter how good or bad the fishing is when you are with great company! Congrats my friends.

Rooster
05-27-2014, 04:54 PM
Team Rockport Rattlers making there mark at Isabella... Love it... WTG Kids

Fishin Magician
05-27-2014, 06:36 PM
You gotta say Hi next time you are up. Beeracuda and I did good this weekend too. Caught fish to over 2lbs. Lots of cats on the jigs too.

Ifishtoolittle
05-27-2014, 07:10 PM
Nice job! Them crappies are delish!

TaperSteve
05-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Awesome guys way to go!

PONTOON
05-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Trolly, we've been fishing somewhere someplace for over 11 years now and it seems like each trip just gets better and better!:Cool:

I'm glad you made the decision to give Isabella another try. We were like a couple of kids all week watching the weather reports in anticipation of the "Good for Launch" signal. With the weather looking good we took advantage of the window and made the best out of it. We weren't disappointed with some really awesome fishing on the troll. We caught 'em all over the lake and like you said we did all we had planned to do in the one day.

Thanks for everything My Friend and I'm looking forward to next weekend.:Thumbs Up:

MikesOcean
05-28-2014, 09:04 PM
You guys represent what fishing and life is all about
Better then anyone I know. Your friendship with each other says it all!
Both of you are always looking out for the other and every report
You two make consist of tons of laughing, fun, and fish!

Keep it up!

And thanks for sharing another great report!

Your report makes me wanna grab my rods and go crappie
Fishing! :)

crappiemike
05-28-2014, 10:38 PM
Good report and pics...
Some nice size ones too...

Cm

Stormcrow
05-29-2014, 08:04 AM
good one guys! Nobody ever talks about Isabella anymore. I wonder if there are LMB in that lake anymore. I remember back in the 80's they thought the next world record LMB might come out of there.

flytyingreloader
05-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Haven't been to Izzy since February, water levels were so low it just depressed me. Just to be clear......you're saying that the water level is high enough to use the ramp adjacent to the main dam now? Good to know, if that is the case.

trollmiester
05-29-2014, 08:06 PM
the main ramp by the dam past the ice house is open and wide.now there is no dock so just launch and beach it and get in,saw high dollar bass boats,even a pontoon launch.weeks before i launched at south marina by reds,no dock either,but i like this ramp better, metered water over 50 feet ,so there is plenty of water and hardly any boat traffic,

Hometown
05-29-2014, 08:25 PM
Great report my friend nice slabs

Which Way Out
05-29-2014, 09:20 PM
You guys represent what fishing and life is all about
Better then anyone I know. Your friendship with each other says it all!
Both of you are always looking out for the other and every report
You two make consist of tons of laughing, fun, and fish!

Keep it up!

And thanks for sharing another great report!

Your report makes me wanna grab my rods and go crappie
Fishing! :)

Couldn't say it any better myself Mike.

Chris and Terry, keep it up.

WWO

flytyingreloader
05-29-2014, 11:29 PM
Many thanks, Trollmeister. Time to get the lake permit renewed, it appears! Izzy is the closest water I have to where I live (Ridgecrest), so this is GREAT news.

Wingnut
06-04-2014, 05:49 PM
No species are safe when team TrollToon hits the water! :Envious:
Great job Chris & Terry. :Big Grin:
Now, I need to get you guys back out in the surf. :LOL: