PDA

View Full Version : Perris Lake need some help

fishontrout
05-25-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm new in bass fishing and I will like to try out Perris lake.I'm going to get some crankbaits and some soft baits for drop shot. Any recommendations for color and type of baits should I get. Also which crankbaits work best in perris. Any information would help thanks.

BassinPLS
05-26-2014, 07:11 AM
fishontrout,

Are you going to be fishing from a boat or from shore? I would try the drop shot or TX rig using a Robo worm in the following colors: Margarita Mutilator, purples seem to work well at Perris, Oxblood light red fleck, Hologram Shad or Aron's Magic. These colors should get you started. As for crankbaits, i would pick up a jerk bait, preferable in shad color, a Bomber in Chartreuse & White, (Citrus Shad), 'have done well on it, or a crankbait similar to a bluegill in color. The bluegill have just finished spawning and the LMB will be eating them up.

Bass can be really fickle on worm colors, one week they are all over one color and the next day they won't touch it! Go figure. Just be patient and you'll find something they want to eat. It doesn't hurt to ask someone what they are getting their fish on, most guys will help you out.

Good Luck and for sure "Tight Lines"!

fishontrout
05-26-2014, 07:48 AM
I will be fishing from a boat. Thanks BassinPLS for the info very helpful. Any good spots you could recommend me to try out. I will be fishing this Thursday so I have some shopping to do. Thanks again BassinPLS

Skinny
05-26-2014, 04:56 PM
I sent you a PM

shiromaguro88
05-27-2014, 08:51 PM
44210I went tubing today purple worm and ika was working today. Caught and released 6 LMB.

dattack
05-31-2014, 12:26 AM
you guys know what area of the lake will be good for panfish? i have never been to lake perris yet and might go tomorrow.

BassinPLS
05-31-2014, 08:21 AM
Last time I was there, the Blue Gill were on the beds all around the island. That was about two weeks ago and I understand they are starting to come off of the beds; but are still cruising around the island. With the water level being down you shouldn't have any trouble finds panfish. If you're fishing from shore...I am no help there! Maybe try the east end of the lake. There should be plenty of panfish in that area.