PDA

View Full Version : Highlight clips of 5/24

elbowlayer
05-25-2014, 05:57 PM
I put together a quick video of most of my bigger catches on Saturday. I missed a few because I would forget I had the camera on or off and would shut it off when I thought I was turning it on, lol. caught up in the moment. This was by far my best kayak fishing day and it was made even more memorable being Memorial Day weekend. As an enlisted Marine for 8 years I know the sacrifices our service members and their families go through. I continue to give thanks to our military members, they deserve the best we can offer. I took up fishing years after I EASd from the Marines. Fishing has definitely put my life on a new path, and I hope all returning service members find a positive passion like I have. Here's my video, hope you enjoy.
Also thank you to John who took a picture from his boat for me and emailed it too me. I cant put a picture up?

http://youtu.be/6SJ1Qh-7PaE

LGOP
05-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Those are some nice hogs!! We are going tomorrow to try our luck!

elbowlayer
05-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Those are some nice hogs!! We are going tomorrow to try our luck!

Thanks buddy, good luck tomorrow. My morning bite was great so try and get there early.

GdHkSet1
05-29-2014, 09:09 PM
That's a nice catch and a cool video, thanks for sharing and your service to country. I'm Navy Ret. and my other fishing bro is a Army Vet, we plan to hit Skinner this sunday, well be in a white old crestliner trolling. Hope to see you out there.

elbowlayer
05-29-2014, 09:49 PM
That's a nice catch and a cool video, thanks for sharing and your service to country. I'm Navy Ret. and my other fishing bro is a Army Vet, we plan to hit Skinner this sunday, well be in a white old crestliner trolling. Hope to see you out there.

Thanks, and thank you for your service too. ill be out there tomorrow morning. Ill let you guys know how I do. The balloon and wine festival is going on this weekend at Skinner.

elbowlayer
05-30-2014, 04:04 PM
Well got turned away at the gate, no fishing due to the balloon and wine festival.

GdHkSet1
05-31-2014, 03:24 PM
Well got turned away at the gate, no fishing due to the balloon and wine festival.

Ah man, that blows. I didn't realize until I saw the sign about the festival on Friday a.m going to work down on Winchester & Benton we where looking forward to fish there it's been awhile. So where going to grind it out in the heat at DV sunday instead.