PDA

View Full Version : 9/30/07 ROCKY POINT Redondo Special - NBU and KIDS

k3vin_kim
09-30-2007, 08:08 PM
I woke up and called FunJunkie. He says he's going on a half day at noon. I tell him I gotta go to church with the kids. Kids Mom has been in Vegas since Friday Morning so I've been baby sitting this whole weekend. I tell Joe that I'd pray for him to catch a monster.

On the way to church I call up Ymin and T3rry to see how Saturday night at Castiac went. They said they only stayed for a half an hour and then split with LA Smoker to a Strip Joint. Then T3rry and Ymin ask me to go on a half day at noon with them. "sigh... alright let's do this".

I went to church and prayed for the sermon to end quickly. I know this sounds REALLY bad but... C'MON I can't be expected to stay sane this next working week after babysitting these rugrats for 72 hours. I stayed for the sermon, threw my offering and tithe in the bucket and ran out of there by 12:30pm.

The Redondo Special takes off at 1pm so I had to go home, change, grab ALL of my poles and reels (b'cuz Mike and Terry didn't have any gear AT ALL). In turn Mike paid fare for one of my daughters - thanks Mike.

It was absolutely the perfect day to take the kids on the water. Very still and warm sun. The kids had a BLAST~!!!

Started off at the sculpin grounds and limited on those real quick with a dropper loop and red blam w/skwid. Only in about 70 feet of water so my daughters had an easy time reeling them up while I guided the line in with my left thumb.

Sorry I didn't take many pics of Mike and Terry cuz I had to stay away from the stern to take care of the 2 trouble makers.

After the sculpin run, Lizzie my youngest daughter gets "dizzy" and begins dry heaving. I had to hold her for 45 minutes until she fell asleep. I lay her down in the galley after she knocks out and grab my flyliner and throw in a sardine to get a short cuda while my older daughter Kayla grabs the Scooby Rod and JUST KILLS CALICOS ON EVERY SINGLE DROP~!!

REDICULOUS~!!!!

After about her 6th (short) calico, she was doing it all by herself. I was proud.

At the day's end, Mike won the Jackpot with a nice 3-4 pound sculpin. Gave it to the crew as usual.

It was a good day.

SanDimasLMB
09-30-2007, 08:14 PM
LOL, the Scooby Rod strikes again huh? I love the boats at Redondo. Great crew, friendly regulars, and I never get skunked there.

Looks like the kids had fun too.

Nice report :thumb:

4g63power
09-30-2007, 08:23 PM
wayt to go kevin!good to see the girls hangin some fish...i guess i would've lost another bento bet if i were there eh :roll: haha..btw nice NBU hoodie..can i have one too?daddy?hhaa see ya kevin

Fisher-of-Men
09-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Right on Dad!!

The girls looked like they had an awesome day out there with their Pops! :wink:

Fisher-of-Men

Funjunkie74
09-30-2007, 08:25 PM
SUWEEEEET Report!!

Kayla and Lizzy ROCKS!!
Too bad thin Lizzy had to take a nap early, but over the next couple of years we'll get her fishing sea-legs worked out!!

Next year Kayla might ask for her own Super Seeker w/ a Gold Saltiga....
(Where would she get such an idea...I don't know...)
Start saving money bra~!! :twisted:

Sorry I went Ninja Style on ya guys today. I really wanted to take fishing way back to the basics and re-assess my skillz. Too many skunks (and bananas) that I was starting to think maybe it's me.... :evil:

ymin72
10-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Had fun Kevin fishing with you and the kids.

Too hung over to say anything else.

Lates

Fisherman57
10-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Kevin,

GREAT REPORT!.............. and a very cool job on getting the kids on some fish!

BTW.......... that TEAM 57 / NO BANANA UNION hoodie is one of the coolest things I've ever seen! AWESOME!

The "NBU" is Team 57's newest chapter!

http://www.57shirts.com/team57members/t ... page2.html (http://www.57shirts.com/team57members/t57memberspage2.html)

See ya soon!

Dana
FISHERMAN 57

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 11:01 AM
How sweet is that?!?! Lizzie is famous already!!

So Kev, seriously, where's my hoodie??
You know I got the $$...where's my hoodie??
I only thought (found) the name...where's my hoodie??
Where's my hoodie?
Where's my hoodie??

:evil:

k3vin_kim
10-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback crew. PM me for more info on the 57/NBU hoodie.

LA Smoker
10-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Hahaha, dude your daughter looks like me @ 4:21. Except she's skinny, light skinned, and well... aesthetically pleasing.

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Hahaha, dude your daughter looks like me @ 4:21. Except she's skinny, light skinned, and well... aesthetically pleasing.

Even in the pitch dark with a lunar eclipse and my eyes closed, Lizzy does not look anything like you homes!! LOL!!! :idiot:

one_leg
10-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Great report. Nice Hoodie. Not a single banana is sight. WTG.

One_Leg

LA Smoker
10-01-2007, 12:12 PM

Even in the pitch dark with a lunar eclipse and my eyes closed, Lizzy does not look anything like you homes!! LOL!!! :idiot:

Dude I was reefer-ing to her eyes man. No need to be nasty Joe. :( You're not setting a good example for the T57 NBU Welcome committee

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 12:25 PM
[quote="LA Smoker":b3e31]Hahaha, dude your daughter looks like me @ 4:21. Except she's skinny, light skinned, and well... aesthetically pleasing.

Dude I was reefer-ing to her eyes man. No need to be nasty Joe. :( You're not setting a good example for the T57 NBU Welcome committee[/quote:b3e31]

Oh, I thought you were comparing Lizzy to this...my bad...
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/bob_tuna_muscle_sm.jpg

LA Smoker
10-01-2007, 12:40 PM
[quote="LA Smoker":0e21c]Hahaha, dude your daughter looks like me @ 4:21. Except she's skinny, light skinned, and well... aesthetically pleasing.

Dude I was reefer-ing to her eyes man. No need to be nasty Joe. :( You're not setting a good example for the T57 NBU Welcome committee

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/bob_tuna_muscle_sm.jpg[/quote:0e21c]

Lizzie's a cutie, but she's not a bubbling sex pot like me. BTW I put that pic on my phone to PUMP ME UP! I'm hitting the gym again. LA Fitness will no longer be chargin me for nothing. Ya hear that Men's locker room? The Stink is coming back!

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 12:43 PM
[quote=Funjunkie74][quote="LA Smoker":75815]Hahaha, dude your daughter looks like me @ 4:21. Except she's skinny, light skinned, and well... aesthetically pleasing.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/bob_tuna_muscle_sm.jpg[/quote:75815]

Lizzie's a cutie, but she's not a bubbling sex pot like me. BTW I put that pic on my phone to PUMP ME UP! I'm hitting the gym again. LA Fitness will no longer be chargin me for nothing. Ya hear that Men's locker room? The Stink is coming back![/quote:75815]

I knew that pic was gonna inspire someone!!! YEAH!!!

(I'm glad you liked it Bob. It's one of my best work to date!!)

FJ74

p.s. You still got my squid, right?

jplee3
10-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Good job out there - looks like you had a blast on your little family outing!

JapanRon
10-01-2007, 01:21 PM
K3vin_kim,

WTG all around. Cute kids and great dad to take them out!

Appreciate the play by play and the many, many fantastic pictures.

Await your next trip.

JapanRon

LA Smoker
10-01-2007, 01:29 PM
[quote=Funjunkie74][quote="LA Smoker":cadbb]Hahaha, dude your daughter looks like me @ 4:21. Except she's skinny, light skinned, and well... aesthetically pleasing.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/bob_tuna_muscle_sm.jpg

Lizzie's a cutie, but she's not a bubbling sex pot like me. BTW I put that pic on my phone to PUMP ME UP! I'm hitting the gym again. LA Fitness will no longer be chargin me for nothing. Ya hear that Men's locker room? The Stink is coming back![/quote:cadbb]

I knew that pic was gonna inspire someone!!! YEAH!!!

(I'm glad you liked it Bob. It's one of my best work to date!!)

FJ74

p.s. You still got my squid, right?[/quote:cadbb]

Cant wait to see it in FishRap!

christainmetalhead909
10-01-2007, 01:42 PM
glad you took the kids out. looks like you and they both had a lot of fun. good job. and you had to have a pic with the cig in your mouth lol. nice sweater by the way.

ymin72
10-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Can you guys stop putting up Bob's "need to grow a pair" picture. I always have to look over my shoulder at work.

k3vin_kim
10-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Slater, will you change you're friekin' avatar?!?!?! That looks like one of the kids' finger paintings. I'm surprised the "K" and the "N" are not backwards~! And you're NBU sweater is gonna cost me a fortune because you have so many characters in your screen name dammit.

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Can you guys stop putting up Bob's "need to grow a pair" picture. I always have to look over my shoulder at work.

Awww... Mike, just because you're a "bigger" man you shouldn't have to stop Bob....

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Mike_muscle.jpg

k3vin_kim
10-01-2007, 02:10 PM
LOL isn't that davey's locker in the background? Looks like the "walk of shame" Joe you know what I mean?

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
LOL isn't that davey's locker in the background? Looks like the "walk of shame" Joe you know what I mean?

Yeah, it almost does. But I think it's New Orleans...I'm guessing the beads around Mike's neck is a sure sign...

ymin72
10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Joe, do you have a collection or is it just a hobie?

Just fauking with you.

Are we on for the pier tonight?

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Joe, do you have a collection or is it just a hobie?

Just fauking with you.

Are we on for the pier tonight?

No hobby, just havin' fun sittin in my office.

Can't, got a telephone conf. with the President tonight.
I have a few questions for the man.... :argue:

k3vin_kim
10-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Is this Japanese?

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Is this Japanese?

hard to tell. It's too small.

Ambassadorhawg
10-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Hey Kev,

Your kids are adorable!

Way to freakin' go!!!

10-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Excellent report Kevin.....

LA Smoker
10-01-2007, 10:34 PM

Awww... Mike, just because you're a "bigger" man you shouldn't have to stop Bob....

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Mike_muscle.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm going to take a photoshop class.

k3vin_kim
10-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Yeah A-hawg, my kids are cute. They have nobody but their father to thank for that.

Steve, how's everything at baja lately? haven't been there in a while.

Funjunkie74
10-02-2007, 12:55 AM
Yeah A-hawg, my kids are cute. They have nobody but their father to thank for that.

WHAT? :shock:

10-02-2007, 04:09 AM

Steve, how's everything at baja lately? haven't been there in a while.I dunno I've been in Cabooooooooo.... :lol:

zZaNg
10-02-2007, 06:22 AM
great job on getting your kids on some fish and having fun bro.

k3vin_kim
10-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Dayam... wish we went to cabo. Hey Joe is that why you wanted my screen name to be pabo loco? So i could be- pabo loco in Cabo loco?

What's up Zzang? how's fishing these days? haven't seen any of your posts lately.

christainmetalhead909
10-02-2007, 09:10 AM
kev just out my initials. put CMH909

Funjunkie74
10-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Dayam... wish we went to cabo. Hey Joe is that why you wanted my screen name to be pabo loco? So i could be- pabo loco in Cabo loco?

Was it that obvious...?

We really should consider going next year.
3 nights, 4 days in sunny Cabo.
Fishing with 60+ people, hangin out at the pool, braggin about how big our...fish is.

FJ74
NBU Junkie

zZaNg
10-02-2007, 10:36 AM
yo Kev, nothing much. My reports are pretty much freshwater only.