PDA

View Full Version : Mission bay?

manuel149
05-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Im headed to San Diego for the weekend and will be staying farly close to the bay, can some one offer any help on shore fishing? I will post a report next week, thanks.....

bayfishingjunkie
05-23-2014, 02:12 PM
manuel,

I fish all the bays in SoCal on a weekly basis so you know the info im giving you is good. I was just at both Mission Bay and San Diego Bay last week and fished them for 2 days straight. If you are shore fishing I recommend Quivera Basin. or the docks around Dana Landing. fish 3 & 4" swimbaits in dark colors or greens and flip them as close to the docks as you can. you can also try Fiesta Island during low tide and fish weedless baits around the eel grass. Spinnerbaits work well here.

San diego bay just run around and find any areas that have docks that you can fish around. I fish the docks that are adjacent to the fishing landings off of scott street. but shelter island is good so is harbor island .. you can always visit anglers choice tackle shop and ask them for some hot tips as well.. good luck

manuel149
06-20-2014, 08:20 AM
Sorry for the late report but here goes. I managed to only get in 2 am sessions.
On day 1 I stared by Shelter island, Using my LC the swat grunion edition.
Saw plenty of boiling fish, they looked silver so maybe they were croakers.
After a while a feel a tug and I managed to land my first calico bass. It was just a couple inches
Bigger than the LC but hey skunk was off with a new species.
Got a skunk the next day I also tried with big hammers.
Thanks for the tips BFJ.

Tight lines...