PDA

View Full Version : 9/30 Dana Point - Clemente (Ninja Style)

Funjunkie74
09-30-2007, 08:07 PM
After fishing with ymin, sosofresh and a couple other guys, I had been bothered by my lack of skillz in the plastics department and to make matters worse, Kev has clearly mastered the art of the Megabait (he's caught everything worth while on them!!). So I decided that if in the event Mrs. Funjunkie says "OK" to go fishing this weekend, I would hone my plastics skillz. Well, last night, she said "OK".

I had originally decided to go out on an AM 1/2-day, but at 4:30am my sleepy butt said "Go back to sleep...." and so I did.

Second try...at 10:00am I got out of bed (all refreshed I might add) and packed to go out. Decided on Dana Point because when I called they told me there were only 12 people on the list!! (I love off-season!) Got to the landing, signed in and got on the boat.

The Clemente.
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/20070930/HPIM0592.jpg

In total, there were 16 people aboard. You can say there was PLENTY OF ELBOW ROOM!!! Nice.

We picked up bait. And when we did, I decided to test my "secret sauce".
I made two casts with a blue/silver blam, nothing. Not even a nibble or tease. Made two casts again, this time with the sauce. BAM! Miniature barrie. And then BAM!! croaker. Dude, this stuff works....

We load up on some nice size dinos and chovies. Nothing special. It didn't matter either way, I wasn't going to use them anyway.

We make it out of the harbor, turn right, 5 minutes, we're at spot #1.
So as I mentioned, today I was going to fish with plastics and nothing else.
Took my Abu baitcaster w/10#, rigged up a nice hammer (black/blue/silver) and a little "secret sauce" and out it went. Let it sink to the bottom and slowly wind in.......
slowly.......
a little bounce.....
tap*....
tap* tap*......
BAM!!!
We have ourselves a contender!! Bendo!! Nice fight!!

CALICO!! (1 of 4)
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/20070930/HPIM0597.jpg

After the first one, it was cast after cast slammin!!
I didn't have a chance to take a picture!! But I ended up with 4 released Calicos, 2 bonitos and a ton of released barely-cudas.

I had to change hammers...these mofos with all their teeth were tearin my s--t apart!! LITERALLY!

Notice the teeth marks?!?! :twisted:
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/20070930/HPIM0595.jpg

Anyway, we make a move to spot #2.
Things slowed down and a couple of sheepshead came over the rails, short halibuts that wishful thinkers we hoping they were sole...no, it's a short halibut...keep dreamin!

And so we move to spot #3.
By this point, I have unfortunately lost 4 plastics to the sea...weed...and rocks and now working with what ever I have left...a Christmas tree plastic. Didn't really think it was going to work, but I tied it on and lubed it up anyway.
Cast...
waiting....
waiting....
waiting....
wind a little....
waiting....
wind a little....
bump....
waiting.....
bounce.....
waiting....
bump*......
waiting....
wind a BAM!!!
Dude this fish is freakin stalking my Christmas tree!! A little kick, a little WOO HOO by me and comes up a nice sandy!!

This was to be the last spot and we did okay.
The winner of the JP was a 14" Sheepshead over a 16" Calico.
No tangles.
No fights over JP.
A few Korean guys tried to get away no paying for their fish cleaning. Pay the 2-bucks dude!! Man!! What's up with dat!?!

I ended up with 4 Calicos (CR), 1 Sandy, 2 Bones and a plethora of barely-cudas.
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/20070930/HPIM0606.jpg

I am pleased to say that I feel better of my short-comings on plastic fishing. I think I did pretty well. Although I think the sauce is really the major player here. :wink:

The nice calm seas of Dana Point...
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/20070930/HPIM0607.jpg

You know things are going well in the world when vessal assist has nothing to do...
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/20070930/HPIM0608.jpg

Attention all Asians. Show this picture to your mom or aunt and see how many different recipes you can get!!! LOL!!
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/20070930/HPIM0610.jpg

There's always one on the boat....a future Terry....
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/20070930/HPIM0611.jpg

Terry....
http://tsuribaka.us/photos/20070908/HPIM0499.jpg

Poor white boy...he's gonna grow up to be an Asian. :rofl:

(note: Before you PM me as to what the secret sauce is, here is the link to it: http://www.unigoop.com/index.htm GO GET YOUR OWN!!)

k3vin_kim
09-30-2007, 08:23 PM
C'mon Joe. I know what's really in that "secret sauce". Even the link that you posted is sticky~!

SanDimasLMB
09-30-2007, 08:23 PM
So UniGoop really isn't a joke after all. Hmmmmm, need to get some an try it out. How many ounce jigheads were you using Joe?

Nice report :thumb:

Funjunkie74
09-30-2007, 08:29 PM
C'mon Joe. I know what's really in that "secret sauce". Even the link that you posted is sticky~!

If it quacks like a duck....

If it walks like a duck.....

Then it is a duck....

Funjunkie74
09-30-2007, 08:30 PM
So UniGoop really isn't a joke after all. Hmmmmm, need to get some an try it out. How many ounce jigheads were you using Joe?

Nice report :thumb:

Amazingly, 1oz. It took forever to sink!!

4g63power
09-30-2007, 08:36 PM
good going on the plastics senpai...come on..you know you had days when your plastic bag was full of fish heads and when someone ask you what you were gonna do with em ..then you would tell them "soup!!i make soup!!" haha

ymin72
10-01-2007, 09:52 AM
As always, great write-up.

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 10:20 AM
good going on the plastics senpai...come on..you know you had days when your plastic bag was full of fish heads and when someone ask you what you were gonna do with em ..then you would tell them "soup!!i make soup!!" haha

RIGHT ON!! Make soup...it's the answer to all fish-head questions!! :twisted:

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 10:20 AM
As always, great write-up.

Sober yet? :tired:

ymin72
10-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Not even close. Still sitting on my computer. Cant think. Gotta return phone calls.

Terry and I had a field day this weekend. Case of beer, 2 bottle of soju, bottle of Alize..... some food.

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Not even close. Still sitting on my computer. Cant think. Gotta return phone calls.

Terry and I had a field day this weekend. Case of beer, 2 bottle of soju, bottle of Alize..... some food.

You guys are hardcore in a totally different way!!

jplee3
10-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Good job on the plastics! It's good you got out this wknd. I wanted to try Dana Wharf on Sat but all the boats were booked :( Oh well, another time. Looks like you had fun with lots of space too! I feel like I wasted gas going up to Oxnard :P hahaha

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Good job on the plastics! It's good you got out this wknd. I wanted to try Dana Wharf on Sat but all the boats were booked :( Oh well, another time. Looks like you had fun with lots of space too! I feel like I wasted gas going up to Oxnard :P hahaha

Why won't you ever call me??

LA Smoker
10-01-2007, 11:40 AM
And I thought Kevin was the only one with Journalistic qualities in our group.... nice report Joe.

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 11:43 AM
And I thought Kevin was the only one with Journalistic qualities in our group.... nice report Joe.

What are you talking about?!
I've been writing all the reports using Kevin's screen name!! LOL!!

Glad you enjoyed!!

jplee3
10-01-2007, 11:57 AM

My bad! I thought PMs were good! Haha... oh yea I have your business card! HAHA Whoops... you usually go on Sundays now don't you? I can't make Sundays, remember?!

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 12:02 PM

My bad! I thought PMs were good! Haha... oh yea I have your business card! HAHA Whoops... you usually go on Sundays now don't you? I can't make Sundays, remember?!

Not always.
Since Kev can't "technically" do Sundays anymore.

We've been doing Saturdays lately.
Yesterday was last minute though...

FJ74

one_leg
10-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Congrats to you!!!!

I'm not surprised that stuff works so good, it tastes great.
Almost a shame to waste it on those little slime sticks.

One_Leg

one_leg
10-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Congrats to you!!!!

I'm not surprised that stuff works so good, it tastes great.
Almost a shame to waste it on those little slime sticks.

One_Leg

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks One_Leg.

Thanks One_Leg.

jplee3
10-01-2007, 12:49 PM

Not always.
Since Kev can't "technically" do Sundays anymore.

We've been doing Saturdays lately.
Yesterday was last minute though...

FJ74

I see... well, just let me know where you guys are headed and I'll try to be there. Not sure I can make it this Saturday if anything's planned, but I should be freed up the couple weeks after.

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Give me a call!!! :twisted:

Why do people not call me?!

ymin72
10-01-2007, 12:53 PM
I called you yesterday.

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 01:04 PM
I called you yesterday.

I know and I love you for it.... :hi5:

boxl0bster
10-01-2007, 01:07 PM
lol that pic with the fish heads. my mom and aunts would fliP! we'd probably have fish soup for a month. lol

JapanRon
10-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Hi funjunkie74,

Nice job on the fishys. WTG on te plastics !! Well ..... kinda plastics :P You see ......... if Squid strips or scent is used ..... technically .... it's plastics + cheating !! :lol: :roll: :wink: j/k

WTG on the tackle to get them too. Nothing much out there now that we can't get with an Ambassadeur 6500 C3 rated reel and flippin' stik now! Just as long as we're using ligher line or braid .... that is!

Outstanding play-by-play report and most excellent pictures. Clemente is da bomb. Low to the water and widddddddde stern!!

thanks,

JapanRon

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi funjunkie74,

Nice job on the fishys. WTG on te plastics !! Well ..... kinda plastics :P You see ......... if Squid strips or scent is used ..... technically .... it's plastics + cheating !! :lol: :roll: :wink: j/k

WTG on the tackle to get them too. Nothing much out there now that we can't get with an Ambassadeur 6500 C3 rated reel and flippin' stik now! Just as long as we're using ligher line or braid .... that is!

Outstanding play-by-play report and most excellent pictures. Clemente is da bomb. Low to the water and widddddddde stern!!

thanks,

JapanRon

Ron, that's a mighty high compliment coming from the "Master of Reports". Yeah, it's cheating per say, but I had fun doin' it!! LOL!!

Actually my reel is a 1003LP, a low-profile bait caster. 10# mono all the way!! Made the 40# Penn International guy next to me REALLY mad!!! AHAHAHAHA!!

FJ74 :twisted:

christainmetalhead909
10-01-2007, 01:44 PM
lol i love the pic of littler terry. glad you caiught some thing this time. good job. hope fully we can all go out nixt weekend.

k3vin_kim
10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
C'mon Ron, give him some credit. At least he stuck it out til the end. I would have went str8 for the chovies.

Greg Madrigal
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM
NICE :D !!!!

Looks like u all found sum Bonies and Berries....
So THAT'S where they've been hiding!LOL!

GM

Funjunkie74
10-01-2007, 07:54 PM
NICE :D !!!!

Looks like u all found sum Bonies and Berries....
So THAT'S where they've been hiding!LOL!

GM

Yep the barely-cudas have been hiding in posh Dana Point.
Speeding around in their rice rockets....

FJ74