PDA

View Full Version : Sheesh, women - Nitro z6

gwurzel
05-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Righty all, been looking at buying a boat for the last 18 months or so, looked at multiple used boats, none have passed the wife test. Things she's concerned about are engine hours, trailers, age of hull and motor etc etc etc.

She's thrown me for a loop by saying look at a new boat (serious wtf moment for me there). My budget is (for a glass boat) around the mark for a brand sparkly new z6 - with an upgrade to the trolling motor (24v instead of the 12v). Also intend mounting a FF on the bow (trolling motor mounted transducer - seriously considering the lowrance 7 elite unit for that).

Heard the horror stories about the older Nitro's, but research would indicate they've fixed a lot of the issues from the past.

Opinions on the Z6 would be helpful - and any other options I should consider before purchase.

Wurz

gwurzel
06-15-2014, 06:58 AM
So, I guess I went and ordered this yesterday, pick up next Saturday.

http://rs45.pbsrc.com/albums/f80/wurzeluk/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-06-14163524_zpsece09c31.jpg~320x480

http://rs45.pbsrc.com/albums/f80/wurzeluk/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-06-14170807_zps399b6547.jpg~320x480

Time to get some fishing done - can't wait.

Wurz

trail blazer
06-15-2014, 07:10 AM
WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bought me a brand new boat also,,,,,,,,,,,ENJOY! and congrats!

TRAIL BLAZER

HawgZWylde
06-15-2014, 07:36 AM
Sweet, congrats! Everybody has their preferences but what works for you is all that matters. I'm sure there is a good warranty if any issues arise, in today's world it would be foolish for a manufacturer not to offer one and skip on backing their product. Enjoy it, I'm sure there's gonna be a bunch of fish hitting that deck real soon and again, that's what really counts...

gwurzel
06-15-2014, 08:45 AM
Thanks Chaps, TB, what boat did you get (yep, I'm nosey). HawgzWylde, got a full warranty on both the boat and engine (special offer kinda deal from BPS) I've read some of the stories about Nitro a few years back, and it did give me a pause kinda deal, but figured better to have a warranty, and I'm kinda stubborn, so I dont mind raising hell if needs be. Aware of the rub rail sometimes not being sealed, and a couple of other issues, anything else I should be looking for when I go to pick it up?

Wurz

TUNAVIC
06-15-2014, 08:49 AM
That's one sweet rig,congrats,enjoy!

Cya Tuna Vic

eah
06-21-2014, 08:26 AM
I guess I missed the worrisome stories, but I love my Nitro 591. I am sure you will love your Z6.

Karyn
06-26-2014, 11:40 PM
Give us gals more credit! We want you guys to be happy... Life is good! After all, you can't take it with you!!! Congrats!

gwurzel
06-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Wasn't disrespecting my wife Karyn, it was more a bit of shock when she told me to look at a new boat. Happy with my fathers day gift lol....and thanks all for the congrats etc, much appreciated.

Wurz

Karyn
06-27-2014, 10:57 PM
Oh-- gosh- no... I didn't mean it that way. Sorry for the confusion. You guys will really enjoy it. Congrats again :)

gwurzel
06-28-2014, 08:44 AM
No offence taken Karyn, my fault for any confusion (I dont communicate very well via written word). Thanks for the congrats.

Actually, a quick aside - was talking to the wife last night, asking her how she see's the boat, ride etc, and the first thing she said was......We should have bought a bigger one - almost fell off my chair laughing.
Things I'd like to change on the boat - put the elite 5 on the console, and an elite 7 on the bow, I should have made sure all the seat post's work and that is pretty much it.

We're loving the boat so far, the wife has caught the fishing bug big time - to the extent all I hear is when are we going next - which really works for me. Now if I could just retire so we could fish every single day, that would be awesome.

She's even learning to tie her own rigs - after I spent thursday showing her what I was tying, and why. She'll end up being a better angler than me (not that thats particularly difficult lol.....)

All in all, things are working out beautifully with us right now.

Wurz