PDA

View Full Version : Perris Water Level?

BassinPLS
05-22-2014, 08:48 AM
I was signed up to volunteer as a boater for the Cast-4-Kids Event at Lake Perris on June 7th. I just received an e-mail from the coordinator, Sharon Brown at State Water Resources saying the "event has been cancelled due to low water level".

Can you still launch at Lake Perris or has the dam re-construction lowered the water level too far?

Pete Marino
05-22-2014, 11:44 AM
The water level is fine... Was the cast for kids event supposed to be on shore??

The launch ramp is open and they aren't taking anymore water out. The level is fine and very fishable. In fact the bite is getting really good.

All of the ABA and National Bass events are gonna happen in June July and August as scheduled.

They've plants so many trees and bushes in the lake over the last few years that there is plenty of structure not to mention the tire reef, entire dam, the trench and other rock piles, sunken boats, ledges and other things...The bite is really good.

Pete

BassinPLS
05-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Pete,

No it was from boats. We take out a kid and their parent or chaperon for 3 -4 hours in the am and then we bring them in for a hot dogs, hamburgers and award presentations. It is a pretty cool event. I have done it for the last 8 years.

I copied this from their web page:

The “Catch A Special Thrill” (C.A.S.T.) for Kids Foundation is a public charity formed in 1991 to join volunteers who love to fish with populations with special needs for a day of fishing in the outdoors. The Foundation was granted 501(c)3 status in 1994 and currently hosts three programs; C.A.S.T. for Kids, Fishing Kids, and Take A Warrior Fishing.

The C.A.S.T. for Kids Program is designed to create an environment whereby special needs children and their caretakers could benefit, leaving their problems on shore and sharing a day of fun on the water that they may not otherwise get to experience. The charity furthers its mission by increasing awareness of disabled and disadvantaged children in communities and teaching appreciation for natural resources. This is all made possible through the cooperation of government agencies, national and local sponsors, and local interest groups, and creates a rare and positive experience for America’s youth.

In 1996, the Fishing Kids Program was developed to introduce and engage urban youth in the sport of fishing. The Fishing Kids Program is built around the slogan, “Getting more kids fishing, more often,” and is designed to create and provide more fishing opportunities for urban youth.

Don
Sensor Fishing Rods

chompot
05-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Good to hear the bite at Perris is good. That is my constant debate. DVL or Perris. I need to do some more motor break in on the new boat and I figure DVL is better for that. Perris is closer and the fishing is always muy bueno. This weekend may be busy with pleasure boaters too.

Picking a place to fish is a good dilemma to have though....

BassinPLS
05-22-2014, 09:01 PM
The "Water Lice" will be jam packed this weekend at Perris! DVL is a better bet! Congrats on the new boat! Yahoo!!

Fishingkid97
05-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Bummer the event was canceled sounds like a great event.Heading out to float tube perris tomorrow hoping to beat the crowds. I did see them hauling out more trees to drop last month while fishing the lake. The bite was awesome last Friday.

chompot
05-22-2014, 10:14 PM
The "Water Lice" will be jam packed this weekend at Perris! DVL is a better bet! Congrats on the new boat! Yahoo!!

Perris did post on Facebook that the campground is sold out this weekend.