PDA

View Full Version : Court Victory in Redondo

DockRat
05-21-2014, 03:23 PM
After Redondo 2 delays and myself delaying this ticket I finally had my day in court for this Sept 2013 ticket.

The officer showed up and presented several pics showing fishing allowed signs on the pier and the fishing prohibited sign on the splash wall. I showed the judge the 'No fishing beyond this point' at the corner along with several other pics and a map.

The area is from Samba restaurant corner to just past Joes Crab Shack corner near the main channel. The judge ruled in my favor 'Not Guilty'.

Next step will be to city council to press the issue for more clear signage and a map showing designated fishing areas. The major victory is that this win in court will help set precedence so that this area will remain open for fishermen. I was a little nervous awaiting his verdict. The judge offered me a reduction from the $281 down to $100 but I refused the offer. So happy this thing is finally over.
DR

DEVOREFLYER
05-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Good news and good for you for having the will to "Fight the Fight".:UDaMan:

jaggerbub
05-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Awesome... You da man!!!

fisherman951
05-21-2014, 05:43 PM
WTG, i bet u the officer was thinking he was going to make you look dumb but what a surprise he took. Now he looks like an idiot and i bet he's going to get a talk about his knowledge of regulations

trail blazer
05-21-2014, 05:48 PM
D/R,,,,,,,,,Way to stick to what you believe ,,,,,sometimes it really is the principal of the thing,,,,,,,,, IM PROUD OF YA BRO!

Most would have just bail,d out with the 100$,,,,,

This whole story just makes me want to buy a new boat

TRAIL BLAZER

benichi
05-21-2014, 11:26 PM
great on you man hey can you pm me the map that says were you can and cant fish i was down there last week and it is confusing where your allowed to fish and where your not..

DockRat
05-22-2014, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the props guys.
From Samba Restaurant corner to the corner past Joes Crab Shack ( JCS ). Gotta go to work now, I'll see about a map later.
If someone could post a map it would be great.
DR

TUNAVIC
05-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Congrats,nice to be validated when your right!

Cya Tuna Vic

Coleyounger
07-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Everyone should do themselves a favor and look up the following: Jurisdiction, corpus delecti, cause of action, elements of a crime ( i.e. Mens rea, Actus reus, Concurrence, Causation ) civil elements to a cause of action (i.e. a violation of a legal right, damage or injury, redress-ability by the court) and think about these so called violations...Tie everything together with logical thought and you might be surprised...

crappiemike
07-11-2014, 07:09 PM
The bubble hole is back in business!,,
Nice job man...

Cm

DockRat
07-12-2014, 06:10 AM
The bubble hole is back in business!,,
Nice job man...
Cm
The power plant bubble has been off the last couple years. The power plant is getting ready for a remodel.
DR

crappiemike
07-12-2014, 07:20 AM
The power plant bubble has been off the last couple years. The power plant is getting ready for a remodel.
DR

Ya, they said it was killing all the native sea
Life in that area with all the warm ,,,,

Cm

GETBIT!
07-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Thats awsome man now if we can just get the fish to come back or bite well be back in buisness!!