PDA

View Full Version : Santa Barbara/Goleta

camperjay
05-20-2014, 09:06 PM
I lurk around this website more than I contribute so I think its time for me to start giving back. Over the past year or so I've learned a lot and have also had a lot of skunked days. through trial and error and the information in this community of fellow anglers i have started to become a more successful angler. THANKS YALL!!

Here are some pics from a couple of weeks confirming the "Hot Bite" in goleta. haha, I dont see many anglers other than bait-n-waiters so it made me chuckle to hear about it from other fisherman.

Fish Report from this last weekend.

Friday and Sunday on the yaks was a blast. So much bait in the water with mackerel crashing on the surface all over the place. Fished the pipe on friday for a bunch of rock fish and my buddy pulled up a couple of lings, one of which was legal but still released. Towards the end of the day a couple of whales pulled up right next to the kelp we were fishing, so rad. Sunday we hit the kelp for a few more kelp rockfish and my first sand bass. Do they normally come this far north?

All fish released to pull another day.

basshole1
05-20-2014, 09:29 PM
Nice halibut. Cool ling cod as well. In the first pic, did you rig the swimbait upside down or did the fish get turn it belly up? Anyways, thanks for the report!!

Which Way Out
05-20-2014, 09:41 PM
You got it done before the winds. Good job. Another great weekend coming up I hope.

WWO

camperjay
05-20-2014, 09:50 PM
the swimbait was turned down by the fish, or was it? haha, jkjk. yea the winds are tough, but the plant debris in the water is worse.

Jaysuuun
05-25-2014, 12:57 AM
Nice what an epic weekend! Good to see that things are heating up in your neck of the woods. I don't think I would be too excited to see a whale pull up next to my kayak. :Shocked: Thanks for coming out of lurk status to share with everyone.

Wingnut
05-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Great job, highly successful and productive sessions! :Thumbs Up:
I was up in the Santa Barbara area yesterday fishing with some friends... the salad condition was insane, so frustrating, but we did manage a couple of nice fish. :Razz:

bachiboy
05-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Sounds like some good times out there lately. Nice job on the mixed bag. That's quite a collection with a legal ling to boot! Hope to hear more about your adventures soon!

Don

skunked4life
05-28-2014, 08:37 AM
You guys are killing it! Maybe I need to make the drive north! My wife has been bugging me to take her up there to see the Ablitt House and go shopping. That's my excuse fish! Thanks for the report and keep them coming!

Skunked4life

camperjay
05-31-2014, 09:18 AM
Great job, highly successful and productive sessions! :Thumbs Up:
I was up in the Santa Barbara area yesterday fishing with some friends... the salad condition was insane, so frustrating, but we did manage a couple of nice fish. :Razz:-

So I saw your post wednesday morning at work and I turn to my co-worker (a fellow fishing buddy) and say "looks like the pros came to town" lol. what a great catch and fishing report that was. SO thankful for your posts getting me through my work weeks!

murrieta angler
06-07-2014, 06:34 AM
WOW, nice job up North there Jay!!
You are definitely on the right track, keep it up Bro!!
Robert
<><