PDA

View Full Version : Striper hunt fail... 5-18

twin22s
05-19-2014, 10:24 AM
Went out on a mission to get my buddy on a striper. on a whim we started fishing the aqueduct just outside hesperia. flow was "slow" according to a worker we saw on the service road. we didn't get a bite but saw a bunch of shad. I told him we needed to go somewhere I was familiar with if we wanted a good shot at our target fish. we drove around the hill to the Wood around 1:00pm. the wind was howling. we tried to fish the dam, there were lots of fish there, trout and LMB but nothing would hit a swimbait. decided to look for a more protected cove and drove all around the lake stopping at several spots but we could not escape the wind. we stuck it out and an hour before sundown the wind backed off and we were fishing straight below the campground. I caught a trout on a swimbait... good sign the food is here. threw for another hour and got a LMB, and my other bait-fishing friend caught a trout while fishing with anchives...? Indy is still looking for his first striper to this day... I think he is hitting up some part of the duct today while I'm working. Good luck to ya.

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag192/brian_wilson4/Mobile%20Uploads/430C3184-2A97-4338-B0BF-CC09DD857078_zpsxqfxhvvh.jpg (http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/brian_wilson4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/430C3184-2A97-4338-B0BF-CC09DD857078_zpsxqfxhvvh.jpg.html)

basstard2013
05-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Has anyone recently caught a Striper out of the duct near Hesperia?

twin22s
05-27-2014, 02:09 PM
My friend had run into some guys fishing that area a few days before we went, didn't see any caught but they swore they were in there. couple guys at walmart there also said they have caught them there before. I think the fishing is better the farther north you go but they can make there way down there. next time i think i'll hit up AV if i ever feel the need to try the concrete river again.

TTT
05-30-2014, 08:57 AM
My friend had run into some guys fishing that area a few days before we went, didn't see any caught but they swore they were in there. couple guys at walmart there also said they have caught them there before. I think the fishing is better the farther north you go but they can make there way down there. next time i think i'll hit up AV if i ever feel the need to try the concrete river again.

does anyone catch fish off 395 by bear valley???