PDA

View Full Version : Redondo 5/17

The_Dude
05-19-2014, 09:42 AM
So Benichi tells me that he wants to try Redondo on Saturday to fish the break wall near the bait barge. Figured why not so he picks me up early Saturday morning we head down. Got there just as sun was starting to come up. We gear up and head out. Now I will admit that I am a baby when it comes to the jetties and break walls. I am not one of those that likes to walk the jagged rocks and what not. Needless to say I got about a 1/4 of the way out and told Benichi I had went far enough LOL. Anxiety was really starting to kick in and if anyone knows someone with anxiety and witnessed an attack, you know that the last place you want to be with someone like that is in the middle of a jetty.

So I encourage Benichi to head on and hit the spot we had planned, I am not one that wants to cause someone else to miss out and am completely happy doing my own thing.

I slowly make my way back down off the break wall and head over to the marina. A few moments after Benichi gets to the spot my phone starts going off. Its him showing off his pretty calicos he is nailing. I forgot how pretty they were. I decided to throw on a 3 in big hammer and see what I can manage. First cast in and bam, fish on. Pulled in a nice little sand bass. Threw a couple more casts for nothing as the sun went behind the clouds, so decided to throw on a dark color swim bait and first cast in, bam another fish on. This time a small calico.

So not to be shown up I start sending Benichi pics of my fish LOL. By this time he comes down off the break wall and we meet back up. We worked the whole marina and turned out to be an excellent day.

I believe our totals were 10 calicos, 3 sand bass, 2 halibut and a mackerel. It turned out to be a great day fishing with benichi which is always a great time.

Enjoy what pics I got as I didn't take pics of all the fish.

benichi
05-19-2014, 10:34 AM
ok let me say that walking out on the redondo jetty was not bad but it is a work out lol we are not spring chickens anymore lol well i guess The dude is and Old chicken hahahaha..... as we walked out im just taking it easy watching my steps and i turn around and see The dude in the fetal position with his thumb in his mouth rolling back and forth. i tried to console him but he wasnt having it. I wanted him to make it out there as I new we would catch fish. but it is like trying to talk a city girl in to shitting in the woods it is just not happening. ah im just giving the dude a hard time those rocks are hard to walk on when you get 2/3 the way out there they are pretty jagged. I was hopping for some bonito cause i have never caught one but i didnt see any come in to the harbor that day. but hey at least we tried for them.

all the numbers for the catch look close but we caught more sandbass I think 6-7 cause I caught 3 and i know the dude caught some

was a fun day out there. I do wish we got in to some bigger fish but with that said I did loose 2 that felt really solid. but hey that is what makes fishing fun...

out of all the harbors I have been to redondo seams to be the healthiest out of all of them lots of baby fish im glad to see them growing

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/justfishin/ocean%20fish/IMAG0734_zpse2078624.jpg (http://s162.photobucket.com/user/justfishin/media/ocean%20fish/IMAG0734_zpse2078624.jpg.html)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/justfishin/ocean%20fish/IMAG0736_zps1486fdfc.jpg (http://s162.photobucket.com/user/justfishin/media/ocean%20fish/IMAG0736_zps1486fdfc.jpg.html)

The_Dude
05-19-2014, 10:40 AM
as we walked out im just taking it easy watching my steps and i turn around and see The dude in the fetal position with his thumb in his mouth rolling back and forth. i tried to console him but he wasnt having it. I wanted him to make it out there as I new we would catch fish. but it is like trying to talking a city girl in to shitting in the woods it is just not happening.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

oh man that is the perfect description right there. No joke.

Jmericle
05-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Nice report. I have never tried that breakwall for the harbor fishing.

TUNAVIC
05-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Great going,you guys ended up with a good bunch of fish,as far as anxiety goes,I get it just knowing those treks are no longer in my capabilities,as least you gave it a shot,we used fish all the cliffs and rocks below the Marineland property when we were young,it seems like just an old dream now! Thanks for the report.

Cya Tuna Vic

The_Dude
05-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Nice report. I have never tried that breakwall for the harbor fishing.

with the water warming up and the bait barge right there in front of the rocks, its definitely a place if you can make the walk to check out. I was surprised to see how many people were fishing the break wall there.

The_Dude
05-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Great going,you guys ended up with a good bunch of fish,as far as anxiety goes,I get it just knowing those treks are no longer in my capabilities,as least you gave it a shot,we used fish all the cliffs and rocks below the Marineland property when we were young,it seems like just an old dream now! Thanks for the report.

Cya Tuna Vic

Im the same way bud. In my younger days I was all over the rocks at the jetties, but as I got older my adventurous side seemed to have subsided lol and anxiety took over.

bachiboy
05-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Wow, I haven't been rock-hopping on that jetty in 20 years. You definitely want to be careful. I've had my fair share of falls out there and it ain't fun...can't imagine taking those spills again at the age I am now.:Shocked::LOL: Nice going on on the bass and pancakes. Looks like you guys are making your rounds up the coast. Keep it up!

Don

murrieta angler
05-19-2014, 02:31 PM
You guys got on some fish, had a few laughs and made some memories........NICE!!!
Robert
<><

benichi
05-19-2014, 02:45 PM
I can tell ya im sore as hell from making that trip out there... feet hurt so bad.......

BALLERONBUDGET
05-19-2014, 03:01 PM
cool report. just watch for the occassional big swells that break over the top of jetty.(go in winter if u dnt believe me)... people still walk the entire length which is an easy 1 to 1.5 mile similar to cabrillo beach wall. mid 90s a whole family got swept over and i think a few fatalities occurred. the lil og rocks next to the pier was great bonitos all day in the 80s-90s til they banned fishing there after pier remodel...

basshole1
05-19-2014, 06:36 PM
What a fine day on the water for you guys. Great variety and nice fish. That jetty is one of my favorites. I was there last week but unfortunately, I lost an entire setup, BAITCASTER + ROD on the outside wall. :Explode:. On a positive note, it gave me an excuse to buy another setup I had been eyeing, :LOL: Thanks for the great report!!